Short Photo Shoot i did the other day!!

Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
edited June 25, 2009 in People
had a little shoot the other day at the beach. was a fun shoot but extremely hot. It was at mid day. i thought the lighting came out pretty good for what it was. C&C welcome.

572212219_9GHPD-M.jpg

572212158_e7Qmn-M.jpg

572211854_Tws7W-M.jpg

572212051_NGqph-M.jpg

Comments

• CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I like #2.. The one thing that's striking me as odd are all the different aspect ratios.. Perhaps it's what the client ordered.. (For instance #1. It's a little "blah" with just the very near square crop). Overall I think the colours could use a little boost. On an off topic note: your client has a lovely set of eyes!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    What she said ^

Call me crazy, but I think B&W took the joy from the models face. Tough light to work with.

Rags
    Rags
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thanks guys yes she wanted a bunch of different crops and such. the lighting was some of the worse i have had to deal with. i have another shoot with her soon so cant wait to shoot it. should be better.
  • Coleman PhotographyColeman Photography Registered Users Posts: 351 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    what would you sugguest to boost colors using photoshop cs2

I like #2.. The one thing that's striking me as odd are all the different aspect ratios.. Perhaps it's what the client ordered.. (For instance #1. It's a little "blah" with just the very near square crop). Overall I think the colours could use a little boost. On an off topic note: your client has a lovely set of eyes!
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    The shots look lovely. The only thing I would recommend is a little fill flash when backlighting. Not a cloud in the sky that day. Se la vi. We can't cancel a shoot because it's 'beautiful' outside. Maybe not even fill, maybe a giant white foamcore!!! They are like 3 bucks at the arts and craft store.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • kdspencerkdspencer Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I really like the third one as a B/W. It looks like something you'd see on an advertisement for clothing (DKNY or something like that?). I think it has a lot of character. My one nit is the expression on her face. I wish she looked a little more pleasant.

By the way, at a quick glance, your watermark makes it look like she has facial hair in number 1.

~Kathleen
    Kathleen
    www.kdspencer.com
    edited June 24, 2009
    thanks guys always appreciate the c&c, i have starting learning alot from you guys.
    edited June 25, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:
    The shots look lovely. The only thing I would recommend is a little fill flash when backlighting. Not a cloud in the sky that day. Se la vi. We can't cancel a shoot because it's 'beautiful' outside. Maybe not even fill, maybe a giant white foamcore!!! They are like 3 bucks at the arts and craft store.

OT: C'est La Vie :D
    -Marilyn Monroe
    edited June 25, 2009
    Sadly I don't use anything except LR and Elements, but even just boosting the saturation (Hue + Saturation tab) or playing with your levels may give it that "pop". I'm sure someone else would have a much better mini-tutorial for ya!
    -Marilyn Monroe
    edited June 25, 2009
    ya i ajusted the hue/saturations still sort of dull. alot is due to the exteme light i had to deal with
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Where to start? So many options with CS2 to adjust an image with! Minimum grab the Curves dialog. Probably bring up the black point a bit and add in a class s-curve. Even just that would do a lot for you.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
    edited June 25, 2009
    its funny you say that, did just that already with this photo.