Old, dilapidated rural building

NikonDriverNikonDriver Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited June 24, 2009 in Landscapes
On our recent trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway, we had to make a detour into Boone, NC, due to road construction. On the way, we passed this old building which was just begging to be photographed:

572457781_9TAqF-X3.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Interesting photo, house and location. I would love to restore the house and live there
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Boy...talk about your fixer upper! :-) Nice comp.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    While I live in Florida, I have a mountain house in Boone.....spend as much time there as possible. The area around Boone has these old buildings spread around all over the place. I have one series of shots that contains over 200 pictures....all of separate, individual buildings.

I like your photo. I wish, though, you had shown more of the subject building on the right. The more dilapidated these old things are, the more interesting they are.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • NikonDriverNikonDriver Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2009
    While I live in Florida, I have a mountain house in Boone.....spend as much time there as possible. The area around Boone has these old buildings spread around all over the place. I have one series of shots that contains over 200 pictures....all of separate, individual buildings.

I like your photo. I wish, though, you had shown more of the subject building on the right. The more dilapidated these old things are, the more interesting they are.

Tom

Here's another view...

572456689_ya4gS-X3.jpg
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Yeah, I like this rendering much more. It goes a lot further in helping to present the true " story " of the building. Well done.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.