Options

iPhoto04

gypsy77360gypsy77360 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited February 4, 2004 in Finishing School
Received new iLife on 1/16, installed today , loaded all photos from Cd , totalled appx. 500. It seems to load / display faster. Has filing system like iTunes . What have you found unique about it so far?

Comments

• Options
    Andy80FAndy80F Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 21, 2004
    gypsy77360 wrote:
    Received new iLife on 1/16, installed today , loaded all photos from Cd , totalled appx. 500. It seems to load / display faster. Has filing system like iTunes . What have you found unique about it so far?

The slideshow function is much improved with the "cube" transition and ability to play a list of music tracks, from iTunes, rather than just one track looping.
  • Options
    gypsy77360gypsy77360 Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited January 21, 2004
    slide shows
    Yep , the cube fx is great.
    Question :
    How does one take a slideshow w/ music and record on a DVD disc that will play on any regular DVD player.?
    Is it necessary to invoke iDVD ? I have worked and made DVD slide shows w/ it before , and was confused , but eventually successful . Does new iLife allow any simplification? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited January 22, 2004
    ...Still waiting for my copy. I hope it comes tomorrow.

I went over to Apple tonight for a demo of Garage Band and oh my gosh is it SWEET! Apple is doing the coolest products right now.
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    Baldy wrote:
    ...Still waiting for my copy. I hope it comes tomorrow.

I went over to Apple tonight for a demo of Garage Band and oh my gosh is it SWEET! Apple is doing the coolest products right now.

If only more people would see the light. I felt a similar move when I went from Nikon to Canon, everything just seemed right and did what I wanted.
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2004
    iPhoto slideshow w/ iDvd
    Somehow I missed this (and the opportunity to talk about my 2nd favorite company iloveyou.gif )!

Yes, you will need iDVD to make a dvd slideshow. iDVD makes it super simple to do too - just pick out what albums and songs you want and it will do the rest. What used to be a pain is that Apple only supported super drives for buring DVDs using iDVD (a pain for people who upgraded to a dvd burner after buying their workstations), but this version of iDVD adds support for additional drives AND if you are on a computer without a drive, you can still use iDVD on it - then package your movie and take it to a machine to burn it. Pretty nice!
    gypsy77360 wrote:
    Yep , the cube fx is great.
    Question :
    How does one take a slideshow w/ music and record on a DVD disc that will play on any regular DVD player.?
    Is it necessary to invoke iDVD ? I have worked and made DVD slide shows w/ it before , and was confused , but eventually successful . Does new iLife allow any simplification? ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2004
    Does Garage Band have 8 tracks of audio?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2004
    gypsy77360 wrote:

There are a few things with iPhoto 04 that I like a lot. I'm a huge fan of the "smart albums." It makes it easier to go from organizing, editing to publishing to the web much faster, and less confusing when dealing with lots of photos.

The other thing I have noticed is when you use the enhance button, it will actually remove some noise from the photo as well as adjust the color. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks,
    Dave