NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited June 26, 2009 in Finishing School
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,904 moderator
    edited June 24, 2009
    Adobe Camera Raw 5.4 Update
    Adobe Camera Raw 5.4 Update has been issued, along with Lightroom 2.4.

It has been speculated that this update may correct some noise issues with Olympus cameras in particular.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    For sure. Stablest version, so far!

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    Adobe Camera Raw 5.4 Update has been issued, along with Lightroom 2.4.

It has been speculated that this update may correct some noise issues with Olympus cameras in particular.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates/
    That would be good. I have been relying on the Olympus software since the E-30 review on DPReview said that the adobe converter for it was garbage, and the 620 uses the same sensor. What have you heard?
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Another question that probably shows my severe ignorance, but I have not yet upgraded to Lightroom 2. Do raw updates apply to Lightroom 1 if I am using a new camera like the E-620?
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    ... What have you heard?

I have only heard wishful thinking by the Olympus community. I haven't seen any tests yet.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    edited June 24, 2009
    Another question that probably shows my severe ignorance, but I have not yet upgraded to Lightroom 2. Do raw updates apply to Lightroom 1 if I am using a new camera like the E-620?

I don't have Lightroom so I can't be sure but I believe that the latest upgrade only works on versions 2.0 and up.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Do raw updates apply to Lightroom 1 if I am using a new camera like the E-620?

Lightroom doesn't really run an updater, when you download the update what you get is the whole app again. So the update is Lightroom 2.4, meaning if you only have a 1.x license you can only run LR 2.4 as a 30-day trial until you buy a 2.x license.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    colourbox wrote:
    Lightroom doesn't really run an updater, when you download the update what you get is the whole app again. So the update is Lightroom 2.4, meaning if you only have a 1.x license you can only run LR 2.4 as a 30-day trial until you buy a 2.x license.

That is odd, at least in my case, when i was running LR1.X and 2 came out I did an update and all I kept getting was that I had the most current version and there were no updates available.....Hmmmmmne_nau.gifdunno

Must of changed something after bringing out LR2.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    DonRicklin wrote:
    For sure. Stablest version, so far!

Don

good the hear, I am trained (by Adobe) to wait a few days first to see if there is any fallout..
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    That is odd, at least in my case, when i was running LR1.X and 2 came out I did an update and all I kept getting was that I had the most current version and there were no updates available.....Hmmmmmne_nau.gifdunno

Must of changed something after bringing out LR2.

Art, Adobe effectively considers LR1 and LR2 separate programs when it comes to automated upgrades.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    It was time for me to move this thread, started by me, from the inappropriate "Camera" forum into the appropriate forum and merge it with Nik's existing thread.

Carry on.
    ziggy53
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    ziggy53 wrote:
    It was time for me to move this thread, started by me, from the inappropriate "Camera" forum into the appropriate forum and merge it with Nik's existing thread.

Carry on.
    Thanks, Ziggy!
    I admit, sometimes it gets confusing where to post what... Maybe we need a Breaking News section somewhere that would contain news about everything: cameras, software, firmware, etc.? And later they can be moved to more static/appropriate sections...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited June 26, 2009
    I updated CS4 and LR2 without incident, and both seem no worse for the wear. Mac OS 10.5.7
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin