Options

print sale question

emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
edited June 24, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Ok so don't know where this goes, but i have a question. I posted some sneak peak images online thinking that the prices that i had set (i did set for all galleries when i did it) would show up when i created a new gallery. I was still working on posting images when a grandmother of my client started ordering. well she got my prices so my question is this can I cancel that order? I never got a confirmation for that sale, but she did. She' knows what happened and know those prices weren't for her and is willing to let me cancel the order, but i don't know if i can, but i also don't want to have to pay a commission to you guys since it was the base price. So any advice? the confirmation number was- 1053141.

Thanks and I've learned my lesson.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Usually, the help desk is the best place to deal with order issues.

In the future, if you set portfolio prices, then all new galleries will automatically inherit your portfolio prices. You can always override the portfolio prices by pricing the individual gallery, but you will at least have a backstop to guarantee nothing is available without some markup.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Hi

I do not see an email at the help desk from you yet, but we can help with this there. I will be sending you an email shortly, explaining what the options are.

Stay Tuned

ann
  • Options
    MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    @emeraldrose,
    When I create a new gallery, I make sure the Privacy setting is "unlisted" and not "public". That way I can upload all of the photos, set prices, arrange photos if needed, etc. Once I am satisfied with how everything looks, then I set the gallery to "Public" and it's ready to go.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.
  • Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    thanks all lesson well learned as I just lost probably 50 in profits today lol, oh well i hope the fact they've been marketing me like crazy will help me recoup that loss lol.