Options

which company?

emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
edited June 26, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
So I'm setting my portfolio prices after my little gallery pricing debacle and am trying to decide whether or not to use bayphoto or ezprints and if i use bayphoto should i use their hand correction? In my head this is best b/c they know their printers better than me and they may see something in their pro labs i may not see. My question is what about 'odd' prints like b/w or antique, or if I use a gel to create a certain color cast or silhouettes? I think to start i will do this, but i could really use people who've had experience tell me their thoughts

thanks

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    So I'm setting my portfolio prices after my little gallery pricing debacle and am trying to decide whether or not to use bayphoto or ezprints and if i use bayphoto should i use their hand correction? In my head this is best b/c they know their printers better than me and they may see something in their pro labs i may not see. My question is what about 'odd' prints like b/w or antique, or if I use a gel to create a certain color cast or silhouettes? I think to start i will do this, but i could really use people who've had experience tell me their thoughts

thanks
    Bay Photo, with CC On. They'll know the difference when you're using a special treatment like Sepia, etc.
  • Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Bay Photo, with CC On. They'll know the difference when you're using a special treatment like Sepia, etc.

Bump.

This is why custom labs still exist!
  • Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure since it could be as simple as a tad more saturation or something. I guess I'll just play it by ear for now, I switched over my galleries to that and I'll just wait and see.