28: Small world

pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
edited June 25, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So, I was thinking... how about a funny pano?

Small world
573107960_xFrQD-L.jpg
Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/

Comments

• cbsnetcbsnet Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Nice work. But it was done before of Princeton, NJ. It was called Planet Princeton in SF4.
    pyry wrote:
    So, I was thinking... how about a funny pano?

Small world
    573107960_xFrQD-L.jpg
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Hyvää! clap.gif

The only thing you may want to consider losing is the road that's bisecting your "world". I've played with this effect and you did a great job of not letting the buildings get distorted. thumb.gif
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Ha, ha, this is very cool!!!

Can you move it a little to the right so you don't cut those clouds on the left?
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited June 24, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Hyvää! clap.gif

The only thing you may want to consider losing is the road that's bisecting your "world". I've played with this effect and you did a great job of not letting the buildings get distorted. thumb.gif

** I didn't realize that actually that white thing in the middle was a road...rolleyes1.gif
    Travelways.com
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Hyvää! clap.gif

Kiitos :D
    That'd be a change of location (talking meters) and re-shoot, but I'm afraid there's a blues festival...
    Creativity's hard.

edited June 24, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    Ha, ha, this is very cool!!!

Can you move it a little to the right so you don't cut those clouds on the left?

Not really, the world forms smack in the middle. I could just paint those clouds out, but I don't really see a problem with the cloud touching the edge.

Thanks for the feedback :D
    Creativity's hard.

edited June 24, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    Not really, the world forms smack in the middle. I could just paint those clouds out, but I don't really see a problem with the cloud touching the edge.

Thanks for the feedback :D

I see... I tried this veeeery long time ago, and I gave up headscratch.gif so, I understand what you mean
    and vaguely remember. hmm

I don't claim to be an expert, but personally I would like to see a little space between the clouds and the left crop,
    similar to what it is on the right. - maybe you can adjust the canvas size and clone the blue sky, somehow...
    ( I remember I didn't like this when I first tried it either)

PS: anyway, with the left space or without, I think you did a fabulous job clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Travelways.com
    edited June 24, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    I don't claim to be an expert, but personally I would like to see a little space between the clouds and the left crop,

There is a simple fix, I'll give it a tweak later if I find the time :D

Right now I'm too tired (2 am). And there's a cider in the fridge with my name on it :D
    Creativity's hard.

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Hi Pyry,

You always manage to come up with the neatest stuff.. I love this.. It is very creative and I can't say enough about the clouds and sun... that is cool.... My HDR program does something like this called, alien planet.. I have not played with it yet, but after seeing this I just have to go try it for fun..

Awesome Work thumb.gif

Kat
    edited June 24, 2009
    pyry wrote:
    There is a simple fix, I'll give it a tweak later if I find the time :D

Right now I'm too tired (2 am). And there's a cider in the fridge with my name on it :D

I would consider these 2 reasons as a first priority at this time too mwink.gif

Cheers beer.gif
    Travelways.com
  • AirThomAirThom Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Per my comment on the entry... Just. wow. Love it! iloveyou.gif
    edited June 25, 2009
    Hi Pyry,

You always manage to come up with the neatest stuff.. I love this.. It is very creative and I can't say enough about the clouds and sun... that is cool.... My HDR program does something like this called, alien planet.. I have not played with it yet, but after seeing this I just have to go try it for fun..

Awesome Work thumb.gif

Kat

The clouds caused a bit of a worry while shooting and again during processing, but nothing that couldn't be fixed. And in the end they do make the image much more lively.
    Creativity's hard.

edited June 25, 2009
    AirThom wrote:
    Per my comment on the entry... Just. wow. Love it! iloveyou.gif

Thank you very much :encore
    Creativity's hard.

• NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    I really like this image, the one thing I would play with is the rotation, if you did 90° counterclockwise or a little more if the original files bigger than this crop and you have room, then you would have a city literally on top of this great nature scene in the small world.
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    I really like this image, the one thing I would play with is the rotation, if you did 90° counterclockwise or a little more if the original files bigger than this crop and you have room, then you would have a city literally on top of this great nature scene in the small world.

Oh....I think I like this suggestion! clap.gif This is a fantastic entry BTW!
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
    edited June 25, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Oh....I think I like this suggestion! clap.gif This is a fantastic entry BTW!

I tried that variation, but I'm a bit of a softie for nature so wanted to put the water higher up :D

This isn't cropped at all so there were only the four orientations to choose from (without getting creative with PNG format).

Thank you for the feedback thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.