My new website and photos, et al

GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
edited June 26, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Ok, this is my first stab at photograpy with a Canon DSLR. All previous work was done with a manual 35mm film camera and more recently P&S. I am not a photography guru, a photoshop guru, nor a website guru (but I'm working really hard at it). Photography is something I love, but would like to make more of it now. Let me know what you think, C/C welcome. :) Thanks oh wise gang of artists. :bow
www.ghostdancephotography.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    Ok, this is my first stab at photography with a Canon DSLR. All previous work was done with a manual 35mm film camera and more recently P&S. I am not a photography guru, a photoshop guru, nor a website guru (but I'm working really hard at it). Photography is something I love, but would like to make more of it now. Let me know what you think, C/C welcome. :) Thanks oh wise gang of artists. bowdown.gif
    www.ghostdancephotography.com

Congratulations on your website Carrie.
    I noticed a lot of your shots are very soft or out of focus.

Having a keen interest in horses, you will find several folks here at Dgrin are also heavily into Equestrian Photography.

Need a little more attention to compostion, lighting and focus.
    Love your animal shots iloveyou.gif keep shooting,
    there's quite a learning curve going from film to Digital.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Skippy wrote:
    Congratulations on your website Carrie.
    I noticed a lot of your shots are very soft or out of focus.

Having a keen interest in horses, you will find several folks here at Dgrin are also heavily into Equestrian Photography.

Need a little more attention to compostion, lighting and focus.
    Love your animal shots iloveyou.gif keep shooting,
    there's quite a learning curve going from film to Digital.

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Hi Skippy -
    Thank you so much for your encouragement and critique. I believe the gallery your were referring to with the animals blurred, etc. is titled B.C.? I added that gallery to show some of my shots before I acquired the DSLR. These were all done with P&S. I wanted to show comparison shots. The gallery titled "Random.." is the one with my new shots in it. I have a LONG way to go, but I can see a marked improvement with the new camera for sure. :) Thank you so much for taking the time to look.