Last Thoughts on Two Ideas (DSS#28)

KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited June 25, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hopefully I have incorporated everyone's comments on the two ideas that I have had for this challenge. Please let me know what you think. Which one should I go with, title suggestions, any last minute tweaks...

#1 – Rain, rain, go away.

573700939_7PHeh-L.jpg

or

#2 – Obsolete

573702643_ejfMW-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.
— Kevin
Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Hey Kevin...

Sitting here bouncing back and forth between the two on the building..

The clean up is nice. Very different looking.

When I suggested bringing out the front gravel, I had the high grain in mind so that it looked like dispersed gravel... However, with the grain reduced in this new shot, and the colors made darker and richer, the gravel up front does not work so well... Just too soft looking with the new adjustments... IMHOthumb.gif

This new one with reduced grain has more staying power....:D nice deep colors very rich... I did like the grain too though, but them I am a rare grain fan..

I like that garage door darker like that, it really contrasts with the orange brick nicely.

You did a great job on giving her some punch!!!:davidto

For some reason making those numbers on the edge of that corner richer and darker is icing on top, it really pulls the eyes right in to a nice position in the composition... it is amazing the impact small adjustments make..

So, I vote for the building.... It looks good..thumb.gif and I love all that blue... that is just a perfect shade of blue, very attractive.. Gorgeous sky.......mwink.gif

Kat
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    #1 it's a good composition the one thing that grabs my attention is that little bit of grass on the manhole cover since it's a deep green it really contrasts with the rest of the composition, but otherwise it's good to go.

#2 Another good image, my concern is with the crop, if you have a little more space from the original capture, a little more negative space on top of the building would help. It's really trapped within the frame, plus the sky is great in the image.

Very different images so it's hard to pick which one, being on very little sleep and well a little out of it I have some gut reactions. #1 gives me this nice calm feeling, great repetition and I really like the placement. #2 is very busy which is good because it has all that content, but if you have a little more space on the top and possibly bottom it could relax the busyness of the viewers eye and give a few spots to rest. Currently it's pretty overwhelming when you go to look for that detail. And I really like that deep sky thumb.gif
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    I agree with both assessments above.

I'm really liking "Obsolete" - I really like your processing work, the image really pops now. I don't have any suggestions, though I think Kat is right about the foreground.

I say: 222222222222222222222222 thumb.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!