The Rusty Vehicles Series1

Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
edited June 28, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Found this old beast along the road dead, if I had more time I would have photographed all of it.

574053722_X2m6R-L.jpg

574053802_VXDHu-L.jpg

574053943_pAyw3-L.jpg

574054050_wbGVJ-L.jpg

Comments

• Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Here is another shot I have chosen to leave out due the the blown sky, but after looking at it a bit, I've found it's a pretty descent shot even with the blown sky.

574208770_sbxac-X3.jpg
    edited June 26, 2009
  • d7freestylerd7freestyler Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    I like the subject, but I'm not really blown away by any of the images. I like the shot with the old belt (#4) the best. I think the shots with the blown out sky might be better in monochrome because of the contrast. I think you've really got some good stuff to work with, they just need a little tweaking.

ne_nau.gif
    edited June 26, 2009
    I like the subject, but I'm not really blown away by any of the images. I like the shot with the old belt (#4) the best. I think the shots with the blown out sky might be better in monochrome because of the contrast. I think you've really got some good stuff to work with, they just need a little tweaking.

ne_nau.gif
    That's what I though, And that was a mistake shot, I accidentally shot it with my meter underexposed by 2.
  • JChurillJChurill Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Nice find! The detail shots.......to much bird dodo. Other then that they would make for some interesting shots. #1 with some different angles would also be nice.
    Blending The Arts!
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Hey Chile,

Rust shots should showcase all that great color and detail that rusted metal has. Some of your images are underexposed, but all are flat. The best for the rust, is the image with the blown out sky.

I think if you correct the exposure level, then add more pop with curves/levels, you'll have images that show-off that rust better.

YMMV

NOTE: I do like rust photos thumb.gif Keep em' coming!
    Randy
  • budman101budman101 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Do you have any images that show more of the side of the tractor? #1 is close but the smokestack bisecting the steering wheel is distracting. If you have a shot taken about 2-3 feet from the left with a slight upward angle, IMO that would be a stronger composition.
    www.joemallis.com
    "Most time its not the gear that makes the shot"