Frankenstein skyline

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited June 27, 2009 in Landscapes
went into Seattle to Gasworks Park this afternoon, to see if i could get some "atmospheric" shots. i wanted the cloudy sky, as i was trying for an ominous, foreboding, sort of "Chernobyl" look. these are a "quick an' dirty" edit using the ReDynaMix PS plugin; i bracketed most of my shots, and will do a more polished job with Photomatix when i get time... 5D, Tammy 24-135, various settings...

IMG_8143smrdx_filtered.jpg

IMG_8193smrdx_filtered.jpg

IMG_8222smrdx_filtered.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Nice job, Rocky. I love Gas Works Park. The skies are beautiful, but the structures have just a bit too much noise in the shadows. I guess you can easily fix that later when you have more time. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Nice job, Rocky. I love Gas Works Park. The skies are beautiful, but the structures have just a bit too much noise in the shadows. I guess you can easily fix that later when you have more time. thumb.gif

yeah, that's the problem with ReDynaMix... it's fast and easy, but it pulls out lots of noise... i did on in Photomatix last night, and while it doesn't have nearly the dramatic sky, it's also a lot less noisy!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Rocky, that place looks amazing! I agree the noise is a bit much, but if this was b/w I don't think it'd be a bad thing at all.

I've heard of this place but not seen much about it overall. Must visit someday... Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    Rocky, that place looks amazing! I agree the noise is a bit much, but if this was b/w I don't think it'd be a bad thing at all.

I've heard of this place but not seen much about it overall. Must visit someday... Thanks for sharing! thumb.gif

thanks, Schmoo... the noise isn't all that bad, much of what looks like color noise is really the corrosion on the tanks and pipes. i've tried a couple of these in BW, they look like something out of "Blade Runner"...
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night