DSS#28 Orbs revisited

DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
edited June 28, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Went back and shot them at night with the speedlights. Please if you would be so kind to share your feelings on these. Have enter the morning glorys but need to know if further effort should be made

1 Extreme curves
574362499_ga3MD-L.jpg

2 Flash Gels
574362657_VwnGG-L.jpg

3 Flash natural
574369179_w2yuf-L-0.jpg
Chris K. NANPA Member
http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Chris...Your up late..mwink.gif Like I am one to talk.. haha..rolleyes1.gif

I was so excited to see your post..:D
    I wanted to see what you were going to do with these...

I absolutely love #2 Flash Gels.. I love the color and the composition too.

At first glance I really liked the last one in natural too, but the light seems to have brought out irregularities in the spheres and it shows in that first sphere too much. However, that may just be too much shadow and you may be able to pull the shadows out some on #3 to make the sphere more round?

The first one, is too dark in my opinion, but then. others may love it.. It does carry its own appeal..

I vote #2 all the day long.. wings.gifJust beautifully captured and what a creative way to shoot it too...thumb.gif

Great turn out Chris.clap.gifclapclap.gif

Katthumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Either 2 or 3 are winners in my book.

I love the colors in #2. Love the horizontal framing in #3 and how the spheres contrast with the darkness.
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    My vote stays with the morning glories. These new shots are great. but I love the flowers.
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Chris...Your up late..mwink.gif Like I am one to talk.. haha..rolleyes1.gif

I was so excited to see your post..:D
    I wanted to see what you were going to do with these...

I absolutely love #2 Flash Gels.. I love the color and the composition too.

At first glance I really liked the last one in natural too, but the light seems to have brought out irregularities in the spheres and it shows in that first sphere too much. However, that may just be too much shadow and you may be able to pull the shadows out some on #3 to make the sphere more round?

The first one, is too dark in my opinion, but then. others may love it.. It does carry its own appeal..

I vote #2 all the day long.. wings.gifJust beautifully captured and what a creative way to shoot it too...thumb.gif

Great turn out Chris.clap.gifclapclap.gif

Katthumb.gif

15524779-Ti.gif
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Yes Kat I was up late west coast you were late east coast I think you won by a few hours.

Linda I do have one in the same colors as 2 but the comp of 3.

Donna I have not given up on the flowers either. But am going to play with these a bit more. I have taken more flower pics because they are different everyday but the original is still working the best for me.

Mark good of you to look so early in the morning.

I am going to work on bringing up the squares in the concrete more and smooth out irregularities

Thank you all for the feedback.
    Off to work I go
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    I enjoy #3, personally, but I do think that it might be good to work on some of the irregularities that Kat pointed out.
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
    edited June 26, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:
    Yes Kat I was up late west coast you were late east coast I think you won by a few hours. :D

I really wanna see this one Chris..... I love 2 all day long, but agree with Linda the composition of 3 is downright wonderful... thumb.gif

Kat
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    DsrtVW wrote:

Can we all see it? Pretty, pretty please? :curtsey
    edited June 26, 2009
    OK OK here it is. I need to smooth out the flaming globes of sigmond to get rid of the bumps. But i will do that tonight

574781987_fmfWh-L-0.jpg
    Chris K. NANPA Member
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Fantastic work Chris! Though I like the flowers, these are much more fun. #2 with the gels, though I'd be interested too to see it with the crop/composition of #3.

Very creative...and did I mention that these were really fun!?thumb.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
    edited June 26, 2009
    Thanks for sharing Chris, didn't wanna here us whine about it anymore huhmwink.gif lol

Well this is a conundrum.. I love the vibrant and beautiful light and colors on flash gels #2, but I really like the composition of this new one,, can you give it more color and brighten it up and make it look like #2 ?

I am still stuck on #2 for now... It rises to the top out of all of them in my humble little opinion..:D:D:D

I know.. I am a pain........ :o)

Kat
    edited June 27, 2009
    Played with them some. Burned the cracks to bring out some light. Smoothed some the irregularities out

I have not given up on the Morning glories yet.

575341003_QZsxb-L.jpg
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited June 27, 2009
    Hey Chris,,

The clean up is nice.. however, I still like the vibrant stunning colors of #2 or your glories.. they are pretty too..:Dthumb.gif

Kat
    edited June 28, 2009
    You know I just figured it out. The #2 I was using a red and blue and the last one was blue and orange. hmmm Also the flashes were closer. I think for this challenge due to time constraints we will go with the glorys. OF cousreee that can always change.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    edited June 28, 2009
    But of course..rolleyes1.gif A man has the right to change his mind ya know...mwink.gif

Good luck with whatever you decide....thumb.gif

Kat