My Wife, The Firefighter Wannabe

theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
edited June 29, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Our city, South Ogden (Utah), has an annual Citizen's Academy that offers residents a first hand look into how police officers and firefighters perform their duties and the various ways they serve the community. It's a free nine week course that includes hands on instruction with the narcotics/drug strike force, building searches, gangs, traffic and felony stops, Emergency Medical Services, search and rescue, and vehicle fires.

My wife was initially intrigued by the offer of touring the county jail and CSI department. She enjoyed every minute of the entire 9 weeks and wants to do it again next year. Here are some pictures of her putting out a car fire last weekend. Our two sons loved watching Mom put out a car fire.

574702997_uYurR-O.jpg

574702921_NduLj-O.jpg

574702929_Kjeqc-O.jpg

574702911_3pUNS-O.jpg

574702938_KZNb3-O.jpg

574702949_N6tmW-O.jpg

Comments

• Chile ChefChile Chef Registered Users Posts: 473 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    You have a couple of nice snap shots, However you do have 1-3 of them that are crooked., But they're nice over all
  • d7freestylerd7freestyler Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    #s 3 and 5 are awesome! I'm not too partial to the 'crooked crop' of pictures like #1, but you really do have some fabulous shots.

well done. :D
  • theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Crooked crop is intentional. :): I think it's personal preference. You either like it or you don't.

#s 3 and 5 are awesome! I'm not too partial to the 'crooked crop' of pictures like #1, but you really do have some fabulous shots.

well done. :D
  • JChurillJChurill Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    I like being Crooked! Nice pics! Very cool your wife is right in there! My wife is doing something similar with the FBI eek7.gif
    Blending The Arts!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    theNOIZ wrote:
    Our city, South Ogden (Utah), has an annual Citizen's Academy that offers residents a first hand look into how police officers and firefighters perform their duties and the various ways they serve the community. It's a free nine week course that includes hands on instruction with the narcotics/drug strike force, building searches, gangs, traffic and felony stops, Emergency Medical Services, search and rescue, and vehicle fires.

My wife was initially intrigued by the offer of touring the county jail and CSI department. She enjoyed every minute of the entire 9 weeks and wants to do it again next year. Here are some pictures of her putting out a car fire last weekend. Our two sons loved watching Mom put out a car fire.

What a wonderful offer your Community has there Shaun.
    She really looks the part in the Fire Fighters gear.

More places should do that, its always easy to sit back and say this group of people should do this or that, but until you walk in their shoes,
    and see things from a different perspective, you get a better understanding of why things are done a certain way.

Nice going with your shots, love the one of the close-up of your wife's face, and the car on fire directly below it clap.gifclap.gif

Great job on the photography for this lot thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Nice shots. I went through a similar program the city of Jacksonville, Fl offers....only their program is 16 weeks long. While unrealistic to expect it, every citizen should have to attend some such program. It will open your eyes to another world that's out there.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    intense fire man! good job on the compositional action shot.
    Aaron Nelson