A boy and his skateboard

SSSSSS Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited June 26, 2009 in People
I've been lurking for a while really enjoying everyones work. I guess it's finally time to jump in.

Here are some shots of my son skateboarding, I though of them more as shots of him rather than skateboarding and so I posted here insteas of sports. OK? I've been following David Hobby's Strobist blog and am learning far more than I can practice.

These two were take with 2 flashes at full power to throw the shadows. I had a hard time getting the shadow and kids in focus, it was pretty dark without the flash so I had to prefocus manually.

574922958_9Y4VA-M.jpg

574923039_FN63Z-M.jpg

These two were from another day. I like the shot looking up at him, its in my office now. There are two strobes, on on either side of the street crossing high so when he was in the air he'd be in the beam.

574921499_qv6Bj-M.jpg

574922378_Dui9d-M.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Steve

Comments

• whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Welcome to DGrin Steve!

Great shots - very creative. #4 is just fantastic....that's a portrait with personality.clap.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Welcome Steve,

I think your on the right strobist path thumb.gif

On the first shot, I think it would be killer if you only had the shadow in the frame. Have the actual subject out of frame. It would be very artistic.

Sounds like you'll have an opportunity for more shoots with your son. Looking forward to more of your work.
    Randy