Russell Falls

ChristopherJAshdownChristopherJAshdown Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited June 28, 2009 in Landscapes
575183607_B6v5t-XL.jpg
Russell Falls, Tasmania, Australia

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Beautiful waterfall, Chris! I love the pano crop. The motion in the ferns is also pretty cool. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • ChristopherJAshdownChristopherJAshdown Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful waterfall, Chris! I love the pano crop. The motion in the ferns is also pretty cool. thumb.gif

Thanks. You can see the waterfall and ferns in action on my homepage. My assistant :D (aka wife) took a small video with her point and shoot. You can hear the force of the water coming down.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    That is smooth ! very nice job Chris
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Nice image. I always struggle to keep the foliage crisp on long exposures But in this image the motion in the ferns gives an ethereal effect to things. It works in the overall effect. Good job thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Thanks. You can see the waterfall and ferns in action on my homepage. My assistant :D (aka wife) took a small video with her point and shoot. You can hear the force of the water coming down.

I just saw your (I guess I should say you wife's :-)) video, Chris. How the heck did water spots from the mist on the lens not ruin this shot? I'm even more impressed now that I saw the video and the conditions you had to shoot in. BTW, the other images on your site are breath-taking! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com