Green Dream

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited June 28, 2009 in Landscapes
Another for the dream scape series. I like to make these into cards. I tried a higher saturation but I prefer the subdued color.
Suggestions welcome.

574860693_9D8KY-XL.jpg

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    More saturation

575429569_p2K2A-XL.jpg
  • ridgemacridgemac Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Calming
    I like the "calming" feel this one gives.
    Larry
    Larry
  • grosdagrosda Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Eia: Very nice image! How are you creating the softening? Filter or pp steps?
    Dale G

- My Gallery
    - My Blog
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    So dreamy i like both versions
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Eia, I find the upper left quadrant a bit distracting and it detracts imo from the overall affect. I like the less saturation image more, and I like the right side of the photo. I would try some different crops. thumb.gif

Dan
    edited June 28, 2009
    grosda wrote:
    Eia: Very nice image! How are you creating the softening? Filter or pp steps?

Thank you for the comment. I softened it with PP. There are several ways to approach it and I am sure each one does it differently. I use high saturation in camera. Some of the time there are a few extra steps but generally in PP I adjust the guassian blur, then decide on saturation. It all depends on what I am trying to go for... Some of the time I don't like the affect at all. I think it works well with certain photos, but that is personal. It works well for card creations.
    edited June 28, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Eia, I find the upper left quadrant a bit distracting and it detracts imo from the overall affect. I like the less saturation image more, and I like the right side of the photo. I would try some different crops. thumb.gif

Dan

Thank you for showing me the distraction. Now my eye keeps going to the upper left! :D I have many photos of this scene with slightly different angles that I have yet to go thru. I'll come back to this one with your suggestion and keep that in mind with the others.
    edited June 28, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Thank you for showing me the distraction. Now my eye keeps going to the upper left! :D I have many photos of this scene with slightly different angles that I have yet to go thru. I'll come back to this one with your suggestion and keep that in mind with the others.

Sorry. I meant to be helpful :D
    edited June 28, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Sorry. I meant to be helpful :D
    Ha ha... well just for clarity... you are helpful and my reply was a sincere thanks for pointing out the distraction...but now that I re-read it... my reply sounds awfully sarcastic! rolleyes1.gifNothing to apologize for... that is what i want and need to learn!
    edited June 28, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    Ha ha... well just for clarity... you are helpful and my reply was a sincere thanks for pointing out the distraction...but now that I re-read it... my reply sounds awfully sarcastic! rolleyes1.gifNothing to apologize for... that is what i want and need to learn!

Cool. :D
  • NorthernFocusNorthernFocus Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Nice image. I like the less saturated version. The upper left does become distracting in the second version due to the higher contrast between the dark branch and the bright colored foliage. In the softer image it wasn't a factor for me. Well done thumb.gif
    Dan

My Photo Gallery:Northern Focus Photography
    I wish I was half the man that my dog thinks I am...
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    I think this is a great and creative shot (prefer the original shot with less saturation). The composition is also very pleasing, Eia. Great job! thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com