Picture in a Picture? Sedona, AZ

argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited June 28, 2009 in Landscapes
Caught the last glimpse of morning light on the distant buttes while coming back down from the top of Schnebley Hill Road. I liked the way they were framed by the foreground buttes, but only had about five minutes to grab two shots...by then, the light was too severe and washed everything out. The compression caused by the zoom makes it appear as though its two pictures in one. Not sure if this is a keeper or not, but what the heck...

575438096_LVXiq-XL.jpg
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

Comments

• ridgemacridgemac Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Looks Good
    Hey, it looks good to me. It's definitely a keeper!
    Larry
    Larry
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    It is definitely a keeper. I wouldn't necessarily frame and hang it on the wall, but still worthy of being proud of.
    Steve

Website
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    That is pretty neat! I bet this would be good in black and white. Must be hard to compose for such a picture...especially when there is little time.
  • argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    It is definitely a keeper. I wouldn't necessarily frame and hang it on the wall, but still worthy of being proud of.

Yeah, I agree. No chance of this going on a wall. Figured since I'm there, may as well snap a few off and see what can be made of them, if anything. If nothing else, it gives some PP time to practice up on.
  • argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    That is pretty neat! I bet this would be good in black and white. Must be hard to compose for such a picture...especially when there is little time.

Ya know, I really didn't give B/W a thought. Now that you mentioned it, I may play some more with it and see how that looks...possibly even a vertical crop to eliminate some of the foreground buttes and some of that red. If it works, it works. I'm not really that sold on it as it is...
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Magical! Love all your southwest images!
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com