DSS #28 - Quick reactions please

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited June 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Ok guys,

I was going to try to get through a DSS without enlisting C&C. Trying to learn some independence and trust. Plus, I've been busier than a one-legged woman in a kicking contest for the last two weeks. Given the late date of this post, I think I've successfully avoided that. :rofl

But, I would like your immediate reactions to the following options. Maybe they are all good, maybe none of them. But I will submit one and will only have an hour or so to tweak in the morning (about 6-7 hours away for me.) Of the four basic images, they are not similar. This is in no particular order:

1.a) Go!
576070315_z8kSw-L.jpg

1.b) Go!
576070236_TZvxy-L.jpg

2.a) Steel Pixels (Iron Bokeh)
576070144_veL3D-L.jpg

2.b) Steel Pixels (Iron Bokeh)
576069740_AdWcX-L.jpg

2.c) Steel Pixels (Iron Bokeh)
576072170_DGWQn-L.jpg

3.a) Cafe
576089214_BnUxU-L.jpg

3.b) Cafe
576088845_d3mcc-L.jpg

4.a) Floor Lighting
576071694_zZ43y-L.jpg

Comments

• The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    wow, you did good.

I like 2c and 3a, I think 3a the best because it has both circles and squares, Nice work.

I try to go without cc to but everyone is so great about seeing things I don't I'm just not ready to take the plunge.eek7.gif

g
  • MikeKMikeK Registered Users Posts: 227 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    The concept on #1 is great, but those 2 shots don't really hit me. If you had time to reshoot and work with that concept, I think there is something great there.

#2 immediately jumps out at me more. Cool concept. 2c is the best of them, followed by 2a. 2b makes the eye wander around too much looking for the focus of the image.

I like #3 alot also. The squares and circles repeating from foreground to background is nice. I find the reflections on the right distracting though. If you had time to work with this one, I also think you'd have something quite impressive.
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Hi Jen,,

Cutting it down to the wire like I usually do.. hehe.

I like the first "go" but it needs some work on the darks and contrast. Plus some sharpening.. The problem is you wont be able to punch those darks up without further blowing out the whites.. so it would take a re-shoot..

Isn't that Gomoku? I love that game..

I also like 3a,, that is the strongest of the bunch for circle... I love the trailing bulbs.. and the candid atmosphere, however, you need to crop it up to that last table in the row on the bottom there to tighten it up a little.. just don't breech the table corner, just crop to right up under it..

Whichever you decide to use, they are all good shots.. and best of luck to you...

Nice Shots Jenthumb.gif

Kat
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Thanks guys. I went with a slight variation of 3a. Much appreciated.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    Thanks guys. I went with a slight variation of 3a. Much appreciated.

thumb.gif Nice entry :)

- sorry I haven't seen you post here in time...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com