Photoshop Elements 6 guide recommendations

AmystaAmysta Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 28, 2009 in Finishing School
Hi all,

I am new to PS Elements 6 and am a little overwhelmed with the best way to get started learning the program. I am usually a jump in and start clicking around kind of girl, but I'm getting kind of frustrated...anyway, I would love any book or guide recommendations (or online tutorials that you can recommend). Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
Amy

Comments

• TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Amysta wrote:
    Hi all,

I am new to PS Elements 6 and am a little overwhelmed with the best way to get started learning the program. I am usually a jump in and start clicking around kind of girl, but I'm getting kind of frustrated...anyway, I would love any book or guide recommendations (or online tutorials that you can recommend). Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!
    Amy

I primarily use CS4, but I have Elements 5.0. My daughter uses 5.0, so I keep up with it to work with her.

You can spend almost as much on a text book as the cost of the program. There is usually so little difference between versions that you can get by very nicely with a book on an older version. I notice that Scott Kelby's book on Elements 5.0 is available (used) from Amazon at $5.49. Kelby is probably the most readable guru on Adobe products. I'd suggest that you order this, and use online tutorials for any features in 6.0 not in 5.0. (If there are any.)

The basic workflow for Elements hasn't changed in the past few versions. They tweak a tool here and there, and add a tool once in a while, but the basics of 4.0 or 5.0 will give you a good grounding in Elements. Some of the new tricks in a version will not be things that will be of interest to you.

Use the book for the basic workflow, and then Google up tutorials on specific tools or techniques.
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/