DSS28....new idea, opinions welcomed

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited June 29, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
So, I tried reshooting my original idea a couple different times with everyone's input in mind, but I just couldn't get anything I was happy with. Had a few new ideas today, I won't bore you with all of them, but i did change my entry based on a unanimous vote by the family. I'd really like some outsider opinions though....

Here is my original entry, which I like, but I think it really needs the full top of the barrel to really pull it into the theme, and I was not happy with my attempts

Retired
576740532_htuC2-L.jpg

and my new attempt
Hoops
576537988_MHWF8-L.jpg

Thanks for looking, all comments are much appreciated:D
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Hi Miss Karin...

Family vote huh? I do that too..:D Kids are always brutally honest too don't ya think?:D:D:D

I really liked your re-work on the color on your ball and barrel entry..

However, I do think this is a stronger entry right here with the hoops..

Can we see some very slight levels and curves work to brighten it up some?

Speaks well for theme Karin..

Nice Job and nice capture.. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Kat
  • WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    I reallllly like the first, because I am a sucker for old things that have lots of character (like my husband :D ).

I agree with Kat that the second is stronger on the theme and I like it a lot, too. Good timing. I like the high contrast.
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Hi Miss Karin...

Family vote huh? I do that too..:D Kids are always brutally honest too don't ya think?:D:D:D

I really liked your re-work on the color on your ball and barrel entry..

However, I do think this is a stronger entry right here with the hoops..

Can we see some very slight levels and curves work to brighten it up some?

Speaks well for theme Karin..

Nice Job and nice capture.. thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Kat

Thanks Kat, how's this one look, any better?

576702542_Wp4aM-L.jpg
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited June 28, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I reallllly like the first, because I am a sucker for old things that have lots of character (like my husband :D ).

I agree with Kat that the second is stronger on the theme and I like it a lot, too. Good timing. I like the high contrast.

I'm with ya on the old things with character. I'm bummed I couldn't get it the way I wanted for the challenge, but it's one I know I'll keep! Thanks for your input:D
    Karin

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Karin, I really liked your re-work on the baseball. This one is good too, but I vote for your original. Good luck.

Dan:D
    edited June 28, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Karin, I really liked your re-work on the baseball. This one is good too, but I vote for your original. Good luck.

Dan:D

Thanks Dan, I may still go with that one...I still have some time to think on it, might need to sleep on it!
    Karin

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    I'm with Dan,
    I much prefer your original entry
    distressed and character win me over every time
    sorry to make it such a hard decision
  • KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Hi Karin,,

Well................... those two came along and made it a tough decision huh?

I like your rework on the lighting much better Karin... I also like this shot because it shows off a circle and some squares too,,, but then I like your baseball as I mentioned above too... :D:D:D

The baseball is better technically speaking,,, shot sharper and processed cleanly.

It is going to be tough to lift that shadow from the bottom of the ball with the time you have left as well..headscratch.gif

So,, It is a tough call... However, I know these guys know what they are talking about, and you should probably trust them on this one..thumb.gif

The baseball is a strong shot... and you processed it nicely.

In the end.. go with your gut.. I do it all the time, and sometimes it just feels good to enter the one you enjoyed shooting too.. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck..

Kat
    edited June 29, 2009
    Sean and Kat,
    Thank you so much for the feedback. I have decided to go with my original, it is the one I like best too, it just helps to hear what others think, so thanks again to all!
    Karin