Shots from Rocky Mountain National Park

hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
edited July 2, 2009 in Landscapes
I just got back from a week in Colorado and spent about 3 days up in RMNP. Here are a few from Trail Ridge road. C&C always appreciated.

#1 Growing Out of the Rocks at Many Parks Curve
577069069_iYLsi-L.jpg
ISO 100; f/14; 18 mm FL; 1/30 sec; CPL

#2 View of Long's Peak, Many Parks Curve

577069557_nRSGv-L.jpg

ISO 100; f/14; 18 mm FL; 1/13 sec; CPL; Grad ND Filter

#3 View of the Tundra on the Ute Trail

577069738_AyCsx-L.jpg

ISO 100; f/10; 18 mm FL; 1/80 sec; CPL; Grad ND Filter

#4 Four Shot Panorama at Forest Canyon Overlook

577069964_vipcs-XL.jpg

ISO 100; f/10; 18 mm FL; 1/13 sec; CPL; Grad ND Filter

Once we got past Rainbow Curve the temperature dropped to the low 30's (deg F) and the wind picked up to about 40 MPH. We were going to go all the way to Grand Lake but when we about 1/2 way down to Grand Lake from the Alpine Visitors Center decided to turn around because we could see weather moving in. Coming back through there was moderate snow and 50 MPH winds. Made for an interesting day.

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Amazingly beautiful place, Tom, and wonderful captures. The composition and light on that first shot are excellent! The only criticism I have is about the 2nd shot. I think I see some halo around the dark rocks.

The pano is breath-taking and all inclusive. Feels like I'm there enjoying the awesome view.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    What a treat it is to come here everyday and see such great photos. It certainly gives me something to work toward!!

Very nice photos Tom. I really enjoyed them!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Amazingly beautiful place, Tom, and wonderful captures. The composition and light on that first shot are excellent! The only criticism I have is about the 2nd shot. I think I see some halo around the dark rocks.

The pano is breath-taking and all inclusive. Feels like I'm there enjoying the awesome view.

Thanks for the comments, Mahesh. You're right on #2. That's from a local adjustment in Lightroom that I missed extending it to the edge. Need to fix that.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    ront wrote:
    What a treat it is to come here everyday and see such great photos. It certainly gives me something to work toward!!

15524779-Ti.gif Very well said!

What an incredible view, wow. Snow in June, for real. :D
    edited June 30, 2009
    ront wrote:

Very nice photos Tom. I really enjoyed them!

Ron

Thank you, Ron, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I hope to have more processed shortly from RMNP and Colorado Springs.
    edited June 30, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif Very well said!

What an incredible view, wow. Snow in June, for real. :D

Yes, in fact Trail Ridge Road just opened about 1 1/2 weeks before this. Up at the top the snowbanks were about 7 feet tall at the edge of the road.
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    Excellent set Hawkeye clap.gif
  • RezaMorriRezaMorri Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 1, 2009
    Would love to visit there someday, awesome shots!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 1, 2009
    Very nice! thumb.gif
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    The second and fourth shots are nice. However in the fourth I'd prefer if you didn't include the visitor information signs. Also, it seems you missed a little bit in the lower right corner when cropping.

Overall, this is a really nice series! thumb.gif