Elizabeth and Grain

jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited June 29, 2009 in People
C & C appreciated - thanks in advance for any thoughts re: this one.575968306_kXoim-L.jpg
"Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited June 29, 2009
    jvgphoto wrote:
    C & C appreciated - thanks in advance for any thoughts re: this one.

A beautiful woman, made up, dressed up and with added grain? I don't understand what you wanted to accomplish. There's nothing in the pic that suggests grittiness other than the grain you added. headscratch.gif
  • jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Richard wrote:
    A beautiful woman, made up, dressed up and with added grain? I don't understand what you wanted to accomplish. There's nothing in the pic that suggests grittiness other than the grain you added. headscratch.gif

Thanks, Richard - the model brought in a still of some actress - I forget now who it was - who was photographed in this style for a movie promo poster. She's updating her comp card and wants something completely different. This is different, but different is not always better. This was taken against a black muslin background and then ps'd to achieve the color and grain. Your comment is valuable, because a modeling agency will have no info as to what this model was trying to achieve - nor will they care.

Thanks again,
    Jon
    "Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 29, 2009
    Nope...It doesn't work for me. Perhaps a grain added shot in B&W would work better.
    edited June 29, 2009
    captain78 wrote:
    Nope...It doesn't work for me. Perhaps a grain added shot in B&W would work better.

Thanks for weighing in - appreciate the comment.

Cheers,
    Jon
  • theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    I believe the grain detracts from how pretty this woman is. It may have worked better in BW. Is there something wrong with her lower lip? headscratch.gif
    edited June 29, 2009
    theNOIZ wrote:
    I believe the grain detracts from how pretty this woman is. It may have worked better in BW. Is there something wrong with her lower lip? headscratch.gif

Thanks for your thoughts - no her lips are good... mwink.gif she was kind of biting her lip in this shot, and with all the pp it does look a little strange, now that you mention it!
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    it's not working for me either.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited June 29, 2009
    Qarik wrote:
    it's not working for me either.

Thanks to all for your help with this one.

Cheers,
    Jon
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Her facial expression could warrant the addition of the grain, but the outfit certainly does not. ne_nau.gif
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11