A pretty darn good panoramic from the iPhone 3G

bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
edited June 30, 2009 in Landscapes
576530827_iTSWy-X2.jpg

All I can say is that I am very impressed. This was a 7 shot handheld-pano, taken at Star Lakes, CA. Ran it through Photoshop CS4 for the stitching, and Lightroom for the color. I love my iPhone! :)

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    I too am very impressed!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • boblu262boblu262 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    That is very impressive!
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    iPhone! No way! That's totally awesome...time to get rid of my DSLR's :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    I hope Canon was owned by Steve Jobs

Wow what a great panorama with Iphone !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    iPhone! No way! That's totally awesome...time to get rid of my DSLR's :D

rolleyes1.gifYeah it will make your next hike a lot easier, right?

Fantastic pano and I never would have guessed it was a camphone shot!
  • bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Thanks, guys! Ever since I upgraded to pro-DSLR's I am too paranoid to bring them on my dirtbike trips. The iPhone is awesome for these trips due to it's small size and geo-tagging capabilities.

Here's the rest of the iphone gallery from that trip: http://bloom.smugmug.com/gallery/8721397_TVLTV#576529940_FD8yU
  • nikitynicknikitynick Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    wow thats incredible, from a phone?!?!?1
  • scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Nice! I've been eyeing an iPhone for a while and finally picked up the 3GS. The thing is phenominal. For the photographer, it's REALLY nice because of all the useful apps you can add to it (sun & moon times, DOF Calculators, Note Taking, GPS logging).

I added Autostitch to my phone (it's the iPhone port of the Windows program). Works fast and flawless, all from the phone itself! :D
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Now that is sweet! The camera on my blackberry is a pile of crap, and it's nearing its end of life, might be time for an iPhone upgrade.
  • bloomphotogbloomphotog Registered Users Posts: 582 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    scole wrote:
    Nice! I've been eyeing an iPhone for a while and finally picked up the 3GS. The thing is phenominal. For the photographer, it's REALLY nice because of all the useful apps you can add to it (sun & moon times, DOF Calculators, Note Taking, GPS logging).

I added Autostitch to my phone (it's the iPhone port of the Windows program). Works fast and flawless, all from the phone itself! :D

I would love to see some stuff from the new 3G S. :) Permission granted to hijack this thread!