Options

software

SwingmanSwingman Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited July 3, 2009 in Sports
These are the photos I am doing. I am a beginner. Right now I am using Adobe Lightroom 2 to create this. Does anyone know of any software that will create this picture and is not expensive? And maybe do a litte more?

Comments

• Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    I use Photoshop CS3 to create my picture packages, but that is not cheap. Hopefully someone else can chime in here, or you can post in the post processing forum...
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    budman101budman101 Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Photoshop Elements 7 on sale at Costco for $80. It does about 95% of what you need as far as post processing and presentation. BTW, since this thread is getting a bit long do you think we should move it to finishing school?
    www.joemallis.com
    "Most time its not the gear that makes the shot"
  • Options
    edited July 2, 2009
    I use adobe elements too and you are right it does most of what I need. I have to use Lightroom so i can create the jpeg so I can post here. I would like to find a program that I can make faster slide with and have more control over each slide.
    thanks for your input.

budman101 wrote:
    Photoshop Elements 7 on sale at Costco for $80. It does about 95% of what you need as far as post processing and presentation.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Swingman wrote:
    I use adobe elements too and you are right it does most of what I need. I have to use Lightroom so i can create the jpeg so I can post here. I would like to find a program that I can make faster slide with and have more control over each slide.
    thanks for your input.

If you're referring to making a slide show, check out ProShow Gold. I used it to make a slide show of some candid shots of a friends wedding, and put some really cool music in the background, that was created by a friend of mine, and the girl that I created it for, told me the next day that I had her and her new husband in tears by the time it was over.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2009
    ProShow Gold is $49 but would not let me control speed. The other is $249. The main thing I need is to control speed I do not need all the other stuff. I will look around to see what I can find.

Thanks
    BroPhoto wrote:
    If you're referring to making a slide show, check out ProShow Gold. I used it to make a slide show of some candid shots of a friends wedding, and put some really cool music in the background, that was created by a friend of mine, and the girl that I created it for, told me the next day that I had her and her new husband in tears by the time it was over.

GaryB
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Swingman wrote:
    ProShow Gold is $49 but would not let me control speed. The other is $249. The main thing I need is to control speed I do not need all the other stuff. I will look around to see what I can find.

Thanks

Are you referring to the length of time each photo is displayed in the slide show? If so, yes you can, at least if you buy it and register it. To control the length of time of each photo, just place your mouse over the right border of the photo untill you see a double vertical lines, then hold down the left mouse button, and you can slide that border to the right or the left to change the length of time that photo is displayed. You can do the same thing for the transitions as well.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams