Options

7 Days of Wonder

TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited June 30, 2009 in Landscapes
I promised to share this story of 7 days I spent in the Olympic Mountains. For those that are interested, I finally finished.

Go here: 7 DAYS OF WONDER

DSC_6250crop.jpg

DSC_6286.jpg
More photos: www.alpinestateofmind.com
Ski Mountaineering stories: www.cascadecrusades.org
Jason Hummel photography on:
FACEBOOK

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Congratulations Jason, and what a gorgeous set!! Not that we expected any less out of you of course. :D Taking a peek at your site now...
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    What an amazing view! Beautiful images!
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Awesome photos and story! You guys had quite an adventure, and came away with a great experience and some fantastic photos. IMO, you could definitely publish a book with this type of photography, very few people have the drive, talent, knowledge and athletic ability to do what you did, and of them, even fewer can capture it on camera.
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    Thanks Ron. That's a huge compliment. A book would be interesting. Although, since I am out of work and broke (financial advisers are a dime a dozen), I've been focused on just taking photos and fine tuning that artsy side of me. As you know, a few dollars will buy a lot of top ramen! Laughing.gif. Right now I'm leaving for another week long trip, but as soon as the snow melts, which is in about a week (honest, I'll stop then), I plan on trying to do something to make money (since I wll be low on that).

BTW, thanks for reading. I always love your pics of the olympics. Perhaps I'll have to get out there to shoot photos with you for a day. Lowland stuff is not always easy for me and you have an awesome eye! I could learn a lot.
    FACEBOOK
  • Options
    scolescole Registered Users Posts: 378 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    That's a trip of a lifetime but unfortunately, it's just ONE of a series on your site. A triple shot of success- climbing/skiing/photos. Well done! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Wow! What an adventure. I saw all the images from your trip on your website...I'm glad I was able to experience it through your eyes...great job! thumb.gifclap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    Thanks you sir!
    FACEBOOK
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Tharhawk wrote:
    Thanks Ron. That's a huge compliment. A book would be interesting. Although, since I am out of work and broke (financial advisers are a dime a dozen), I've been focused on just taking photos and fine tuning that artsy side of me. As you know, a few dollars will buy a lot of top ramen! Laughing.gif. Right now I'm leaving for another week long trip, but as soon as the snow melts, which is in about a week (honest, I'll stop then), I plan on trying to do something to make money (since I wll be low on that).

BTW, thanks for reading. I always love your pics of the olympics. Perhaps I'll have to get out there to shoot photos with you for a day. Lowland stuff is not always easy for me and you have an awesome eye! I could learn a lot.

Glad you're making the most of your time off. You're not going to be on your deathbed going "Damn, I really wish I was at work instead of up in the mountains."

Anyway, I'm definitely around, and it would be great to shoot some photos with you sometime.