Options

how do you edit a more than one pic at a time in LR2?

lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
edited June 29, 2009 in Finishing School
I tried highlighting a handful and making some changes in develop mode and it only applied to the picture that was showing. Am i missing something?

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    I tried highlighting a handful and making some changes in develop mode and it only applied to the picture that was showing. Am i missing something?
    Make the changes you want to one image. Then multi-select in the ribbon to include the others by either doing ctrl-click to add more images to the selection or use shift-click on an image to include all images between the current one and the clicked one. Once you have a mutl-selection (but the edited image is still the current image), then hit the Sync button at the lower right. A dialog pops up and it asks you which settings you want to propogate to the other images. Check off the ones you want and they will be copied to all those other images.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    wow that just made my life so much simpler...thanks!!
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    lilmomma wrote:
    wow that just made my life so much simpler...thanks!!
    Yeah, it's the key to editing efficiently in LR. I typically get the white balance right on one image, then propagate it to a whole set in a few seconds.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited June 29, 2009
    Melissa,
    Another way is to right click an image that you like, and a menu opens up and one of the choices is Develop Settings.

Click on that and then copy settings. You will get a dialogue box asking which settings to copy. You get to choose exactly which of the many settings to copy to your clip board along the way.

Next, highlight your new images, and right click on them again, choose Develop settings, and Paste settings.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin