fun with fashion and movement

jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
edited June 30, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
wasn't sure where to place this photo - i know, in the trash, right? anyway...thanks for looking!578297720_FAiqn-L.jpg
"Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent

Comments

• jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    benjikan wrote:
    Nice Capture...But I suggest you attempt to understand the play of the ratio of flash and ambient to aid you in accomplishing these kinds of shots. You must understand the difference of intensity of the two and how it effects the out come. This takes a lot of practice. It is akin to taking two shots in one with a dominant and secondary light.

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I have been doing this technique for over 20 years...

Amazing that you would comment just now - I have just been reading your blog and studying your photography! In any case, for me it is a great honor that you would take the time to comment on my photo. I recognized when I posted it here, that it was sadly lacking and could have been much improved. However, it has given me an opportunity to learn and be schooled by a master, and for that I am very thankful. Your body of work and experience speaks for itself - and I am so glad to have discovered your blog. Please feel free to critique any of my work that ends up here. You are a great inspiration for me.

Sincerely,
    Jon
    "Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent