A Vineyard Affair

2»

Comments

• inetkeninetken Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    I hope I'm not too late to the party; "interesting" conversation. I really enjoyed this set on several levels. I believe the goal was to document the wedding and my interpretation would be exactly that. Rather than go into detail, each event (rehearsal, bride preparation, wedding, reception) had a different feel. The rehearsal showed the emptiness of the church, the whiteness and atypical style. The preparation reminded me of a 70's magazine documentary, something from Life or Look magazines; a look that appeals to me.

I think you captured moments, slices of time. Particularly the shots of hands during conversation, some of my favorites. The embraces showed emotion not at all contrived. Really, the whole set was real, not the posed plastic feel of a lot of pictures I see. Wrinkles, white and yellowing teeth, laughter during conversation, and the candid moments of the bride and groom.

My wife looked at the set and her reaction was, "You have to tell a story." She agreed that's what you did. Some of my favorite photo's are of friends and family in candid moments, talking around a backyard table or looking over a shoulder.

Which brings me to an observation. A lot of pictures I see on this forum have been over processed, skin over smoothed, eyes too shiny. Which kind of reminds me, funny enough, of the song "Lucy in the sky with diamonds". Actually a slight variation, with plasticine faces and looking glass eyes, cellophane flowers of yellow and green. Though I'm beginning to think the over processing and effects is really compensating for incorrect exposure or other sins of the images. A goal of mine is to improve my exposure and framing, not to become a Photoshop expert.

So, I may be in the minority here, but I really enjoyed looking at the images. I used to travel a bit to Massachusetts on business and I loved the New England feel, the architecture and environment.
    I have had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. --Groucho Marx