Father and Child

MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
edited July 1, 2009 in People
576339427_U86V5-L.jpg
576342446_Xh48G-L.jpg
576337966_yu7Ef-L.jpg
576343039_JCSMK-L.jpg

This is my first using some kind of a back drop... natural light coming from a window. I wanted the harsh shadowing. Whats your take?? Used my 50mm 1.8 canon lens.
Baby number 4: BUNDLEBOO
Newest baby: R.Gonzalez PHOTOGRAPHY or HERE
My rambling addiction: Crunchy Monkeys
facebook fan page: R.Gonzalez photography
:ivar

Comments

• MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    no feedback?? Oh common guys it can't be that bad :)
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    no feedback?? Oh common guys it can't be that bad :)

I like first and last better than the middle two (baby looks squirmy and restless in middle ones). On last photo I would have preferred if the focus were at the contact point of the kiss. There is less impact focused on the child's foot and father's nipple.

I really like the lighting impact. It sets the mood for the photos and I love the effect. It is something that I would get from luck more than understanding at this point. I assume the backdrop is black, which really works in these pics as nothing distracts from the subjects and your lighting.

So, it's not that bad... some of it is that good!
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    The posing ideas are great. Too many cut off body parts for my liking.

#1 I like the light on the butt, don't like the arms being cut off.
    The lighting in #2 should have been more on the baby's face and not so much on the hip. foot is cut off... The baby should be the star of the show...
    The lighting in the 3rd one is kind of creepy on the guys left arm.
    The 4th one I agree the focus and light is on the nipple and not the faces.... arm cut around the joint area.
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • Chris HChris H Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    I just can't help wondering when the kids going to c*&p all over the back of his dad. (or at least that's what I'd be thinking if I had my son or daughter on my shoulders!)

Good shots though!
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    I kind of like that last one for the 'dreamy' quality of the kiss, although it is too bad about the nipple. (I didn't notice it until I read the feedback, and now I can't not see it...) I love the black background - it makes for great black and whites! I might have suggested that he take his watch off so as not to scratch the baby.
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • MissBMissB Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    wow, that is some fantastic feed back!!! I had this one for the arms not cut off photo... lol.. he did pee down my brothers back during this session!! maybe I will blur out his nipple in that one... I agree... eww :)
    576337450_Lu85w-L.jpg

and here is one that I edited in the original set without the deep shadows around the left arm I used an editing process thats very differen't from the rest that leaves it with a bluish hue...some might not. but I kind of like it mwink.gif

576337799_XBEga-L.jpg
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    MissB wrote:
    576337450_Lu85w-L.jpg

That's it! I really like this one!
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2009
    jethibod wrote:
    That's it! I really like this one!

Me too!!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700