Wheat Harvest

TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited July 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I helped a friend harvest the little bit of wheat he had this year - only 130 acres or so. It only took a few afternoons/evenings to get it out of the field. The first day, I took my camera along and got a couple shots I liked, figured I'd show them for some C&C:

1. Filling up the first truck load out of the field.

576750863_yFv4w-XL.jpg

2. That first truck is the one I drive. They are slow, the radio doesn't work and the air conditioning is somewhat old fashioned...but I like it.

576744383_Gj8xS-XL.jpg

3. Early into the first evening of cutting a storm moved in - typical for this time of year. We scrambled to get the combine unloaded and the trucks tarped.

577222882_iZpXc-XL.jpg

Thanks for taking a look!

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    the last two are my faves but that last one is the ace!!! Is the last one HDR? wonderful! clap.gif
  • TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    the last two are my faves but that last one is the ace!!! Is the last one HDR? wonderful! clap.gif

The first two are straight off the camera (I've not had time to zap the dust spot that was on my filter yet...:cry), and the third is not an HDR - it's very close to the original - I only dropped the brightness a bit and bumped the contrast slightly, the original was just a bit overexposed. The light while the storm moved in was quite impressive.

Thanks for taking a look, glad you enjoyed them.
  • d7freestylerd7freestyler Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Awesome! I love all three! clap.gif

What lens did you shoot these with?
  • TallboyTallboy Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Awesome! I love all three! clap.gif

What lens did you shoot these with?

I shot all three with my Sigma 10-20mm. I like that lens a lot - its so much fun.

Thanks
  • d7freestylerd7freestyler Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Tallboy wrote:
    I shot all three with my Sigma 10-20mm. I like that lens a lot - its so much fun.

Thanks

Thanks for the response. I knew it was wide, I was just curious which lens you used. :D
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    #3 is the best of three very good shots!
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Love that 3rd one clap.gifclap the color is outstanding.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)