Best View in Kingman

kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
edited July 5, 2009 in People
I happened to hook up with a model over the weekend who specializes in the "pin-up" look. I've got to tell you, nothing can be more fun than cruising Rt66 with your very own pin-up model. :wink

This was actually the last location we shot, but the first one I processed (long story). Anyway, meet Cherelynn.

579759194_p9FpY-L.jpg

578581971_bCHf5-XL.jpg

577174602_adG54-XL.jpg

579767449_bPZYj-L.jpg

580062408_eLFYd-L.jpg

Comments are always appreciated, and thanks for looking.

-joel

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Cool!

I really liked the last two images. Very creative.

Sam
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Ha!..... When I originally looked at the silhouettes I thought they were part of the sign

Creative indeed...
    Rags
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 2, 2009
    Thanks, Sam and Rags! Yeah, when I showed the first silhouette to a couple of photographer buds of mine, they were both like "why are you showing me a picture of a sign?" Neither one of them got it. That's why I decided to post two variants here to make it more obvious. :D

Cheers,
    -joel
  • jvgphotojvgphoto Registered Users Posts: 97 Big grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    torags wrote:
    Ha!..... When I originally looked at the silhouettes I thought they were part of the sign

Creative indeed...

Wow - very funny and great idea!mwink.gif
    "Where there is no elegance of the heart...there is no elegance." Yves Saint Laurent
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
  • speedsk8rspeedsk8r Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    ooooohhh you nasty but i understand and she's kinda cute lol.:ivar
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 2, 2009
    Fun stuff, Joel. thumb.gif
  • ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    The first 3 seem kind of snap shotish. Maybe too much light? Or not the right angle? But I really like the last 2. Pretty cool.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    whoa. thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited July 2, 2009
    Thanks for the comments, folks! deal.gif

Zerodog, I agree with you. The first three would have not been strong enough to carry a thread on their own. They were presented more for setup of the last two. nod.gif Yeah, less light on the first three would have been better. Maybe a snoot or something.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 3, 2009
    Looks like you had fun, Joel.

I think the first few might have been better with a nice snoot, and the flash moved off to the right or left of the model, rather than straight in front of her.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
    edited July 3, 2009
    pathfinder wrote:
    Looks like you had fun, Joel.

I think the first few might have been better with a nice snoot, and the flash moved off to the right or left of the model, rather than straight in front of her.

Thanks, Pathfinder. We had a lot of fun, and there are more shots from different locations on the way.

I hear you about the flash -- smaller diameter light, and off to the side. That would have made a big difference. Time for a flash bracket I guess, and a homemade snoot. I had a wireless setup with me, but this wasn't the place and time to set it up (a police car showed up and parked himself right behind us.)

I appreciate your insight. thumb.gif
    -joel
    edited July 3, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Thanks, Pathfinder. We had a lot of fun, and there are more shots from different locations on the way.

I hear you about the flash -- smaller diameter light, and off to the side. That would have made a big difference. Time for a flash bracket I guess, and a homemade snoot. I had a wireless setup with me, but this wasn't the place and time to set it up (a police car showed up and parked himself right behind us.)

-joel

I want to hear about that police car Joel :ivar
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Interesting shoot, great location (lots of history etc.), very creative, nice model…

…but, tattoos… headscratch.gif

er, um…

…looks like a job for Mr. PhotoShop!

mwink.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
    edited July 3, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    I want to hear about that police car Joel :ivar
    I think the owner called the cops. The cop(s?) actually never got out of the car, but sat there watching. Meanwhile, a dude came over and starting asking questions like "what are you doing?" (answer: "duh!"), and "where do you live?" I'm pretty good at diffusing situations like this (not the first time), so I introduced myself and it turns out that he was the owner! Pretty soon, he and his girlfriend are joining in the fun and taking pictures themselves. Plus, they turned the rim lights on the sign on, which is something they normally leave off to save money (you can see the two variants in the shots above.) Of course by this time we'd moved around to the front of the sign and the flash shots were over. So a good time was had by all, including the cops who were probably eating donuts in the air-conditioned car while watching us play in the heat (it was a good 100F).

Cheers,
    -joel
    edited July 3, 2009
    Wil Davis wrote:
    Interesting shoot, great location (lots of history etc.), very creative, nice model…

…but, tattoos… headscratch.gif

er, um…

…looks like a job for Mr. PhotoShop!

mwink.gif

- Wil

Thanks, Wil! Sorry, but the tattoos stay. Those are something that Cherelynn has obviously put a lot of thought and effort into and they're there for a reason. That's good enough for me. Plus, I kinda dig 'em. mwink.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Nice looking series Joel. I really like the first three shots!!
    edited July 3, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Nice looking series Joel. I really like the first three shots!!
    Thank you, Adam! Say, you've done a bit of modeling for me too as I recall. rolleyes1.gif

IMG_0992_3_4.jpg
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Mr. Photoshop Tattoos off?.... jeez, the things people say.....rolleyes1.gif
    Aaron Nelson
    edited July 3, 2009
    Great shot of Adam. That really gives perspective to that Horseshoe shotclap.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    kdog wrote:

-joel

Nice set......my only nit is:
    1- her thumb a d hand are ate up by the darkness of the background (hitching a ride).......
    2- you did not show the tat well enuff to really see it.....i like good body art....

I like it when the "authorities" show up at a shoot and just sit there watching.....at least i know any gear left in my vehicle is safe......free security.....mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited July 3, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Great shot of Adam. That really gives perspective to that Horseshoe shotclap.gif

Thanks, Dan. Actually that's Dead Horse Point. Right river, wrong bend. :D
  • Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Thanks, Wil! Sorry, but the tattoos stay. Those are something that Cherelynn has obviously put a lot of thought and effort into and they're there for a reason. That's good enough for me. Plus, I kinda dig 'em. mwink.gif

Cheers,
    -joel

Hey, no problem… …it's just that (IMNSHO) the body beautiful needs no enhancement or distractions. If they're the no-perm variety, then that's fine, but those perms are for ever, and surely must limit a model's scope for work. Anyone remember a model from the '60s called Veruschka? Now she really was something else! thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
    edited July 3, 2009
    Art Scott wrote:
    Nice set......my only nit is:
    1- her thumb a d hand are ate up by the darkness of the background (hitching a ride).......
    I know, I know... :cry
    2- you did not show the tat well enuff to really see it.....i like good body art....
    Gotcha covered there, Art. Coming up shortly. thumb.gif
    I like it when the "authorities" show up at a shoot and just sit there watching.....at least i know any gear left in my vehicle is safe......free security.....mwink.gifwinkmwink.gif
    Truth? I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to the security of my gear. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. rolleyes1.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    I instantly have visions of the Pixar movie "Cars"!!!! Love the last 2 shots.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited July 3, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    I instantly have visions of the Pixar movie "Cars"!!!! Love the last 2 shots.
    Thank you, Randy. You're gonna love my next set. mwink.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Thank you, Adam! Say, you've done a bit of modeling for me too as I recall. rolleyes1.gif

IMG_0992_3_4.jpg

Yes, and I see you caught my good side too. rolleyes1.gif