Comments

• Options
    SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    Nicely done Angelo.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005
    I really like this, Angelo. Very pro looking. The only thing that might bother me is the green stripe, see thru, below the title and down a bit.

Good work, really good work,

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 21, 2005
    Sandy wrote:
    Nicely done Angelo.
    Yea Sandy! 53 hits and you're the first comment. Much appreciated. I want to play with other ideas but I thought this was a fun first attempt. Thanks for looking.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 21, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I really like this, Angelo. Very pro looking. The only thing that might bother me is the green stripe, see thru, below the title and down a bit.

Good work, really good work,

ginger
    Hey G - thanks for the pat on the back and the critique. I'll be playing with other ideas for this challenge.
  • Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2005
    Hi Angelo,
    Good idea and nice layout. My only comment is that you put text over the flower which is what you are trying to show off. Let the text accent the photo and not hide it. I like your choice of fonts.

Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2005
    re Angelo's response to ginger on this chall 41
    This is a copy, I hope of my response to you, over on my thread, but I thought you might find my response helpful/interesting re your entry, Angelo, so I have tried to copy it and put it here, where you will be sure to see it.

ginger

I think it is all permissable, I can't spell, sorry, but I think it is all allowed, I think Andy was just giving me helpful advice based on what he perceived as the downfall of a perhaps good, or satisfactory, entry.

I should be on your thread, Angelo. I am not confused as to what to do about that. I am going to hold off on the lettering. Andy is at least 1/2 of the people who choose the finalists, if I am lucky enough to get any advice from him/them, I will take it. But I don't think it was a rule, just advice. That is how I took it.

Also, it is wide open, IMO. I could think up my own title if I wanted to. I just don't want to. I loved "eating Nemo", could use it, we have an aquarium, no sharks, though, but I could use it, just don't want to, even if it is a winner, I don't want to. I never wanted to watch that supposedly wonderful movie. I even rented it, but only watched a little while.

I would rather honor a movie I loved, albeit a long time ago. So I am going with Cross Creek. Particularly as it so fits my interests now. And I am not going to put lettering on. That is really a relief to me as I don't have a strong desire to do a poster right now.

So, what should you do???? I have no idea. You could put your entry into the critique thread. That is why I have not done that: I keep thinking I have only one entry a week I can put in there, maybe I will want it for a photo I am thinking of entering in the Challenge. So, that is an option for you.

I really like your poster, with the exception of the one line across, I don't know what I would do if I were you. I guess we all make our decisions based on different things at different times.

I am just looking to honor a movie in the best way possible.

But Angelo, I so appreciate your posting a comment here, haven't heard that much from you for awhile. Maybe I have, just haven't listened. Anyway, with me it is Cross Creek or die (no, don't take that seriously. You all take me too seriously).

I will probably start a new thread and ask for opinions between the two possibles for that. They are the ones most adaptable to that movie, I think, that were done in the time frame for the Challenge.

I am sure her "creek" was like our creeks, a loose term, different from a mtn creek. I am sure she lived with the egrets, herons, the same as I do when I am not at home. I feel a closeness here, I am just trying to best illustrate it. I know that the movie poster emphasized the people, but I can't/am not going to do that. I am trying to emphasize the environment she loved at that time in her life.

Does this make sense to anyone?

I am not trying to make this complicated, just meaningful to me.

Thanks,

ginger

ginger_55View Public ProfileSend a private message to ginger_55Find More Posts by ginger_55Add ginger_55 to Your Buddy List
    reply.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.