bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited July 6, 2009 in Landscapes
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    Interesting photograph BD it took me a while to figure out what it is.
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    High contrast minimalism done very well. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    I had no idea that was fog, TBH. It could be a bright sunny day, just overexposed, and with the level of contrast that's certainly possible. I'm not sure what this scene is trying to "say," which I know is important to your work, so bear with me, here...

I think the oars being up makes this a fairly humorous image, though. Kind of reminds me of a baby bird thinking about flying lol3.gif

Just have to ask since some of your posts are embedded photos, some have attachments. Attachments are blechh because they compress the image so much. Is there a reason for segregating certain photos this way? ear.gif
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I had no idea that was fog, TBH. It could be a bright sunny day, just overexposed, and with the level of contrast that's certainly possible. I'm not sure what this scene is trying to "say," which I know is important to your work, so bear with me, here...

I think the oars being up makes this a fairly humorous image, though. Kind of reminds me of a baby bird thinking about flying lol3.gif

Just have to ask since some of your posts are embedded photos, some have attachments. Attachments are blechh because they compress the image so much. Is there a reason for segregating certain photos this way? ear.gif

Hi, Schmoo - It doesn't say anything that I know of. And it's really lacking in detail at this size and compression level - in the original you can see water beaded on the oars, etc....

As to why some embedded and some linked - There's no plan there. The ones on my website, or other sites, I link to. This was sitting in a folder on my desktop. ;-)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    MUCH bigger...
    bdcolen wrote:
    For Schmoo! :D
    580895116_dAh9a-X3.jpg

Definitely Tri-X, probably rated at 800 - Nikon F100 - manual focus 180 2.8 - old school all the way.

But it's still only an aluminum boat on a foggy morning. mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    lol3.gif thanks for the heads-up! I do see the drops on the oars - and that's so cool.