Oz

wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
edited July 5, 2009 in Landscapes
Hope everyone has a great 4th. This one is my first processed HDR. I over baked it pretty much. It is pretty but just too unreal. It is a 5 bracket exposure processed thru Photomatix Pro, tweeked in LR. I shot it from a fire tower on the Cumberland Plateau above my house. I will eventually become familar with this process --- I hope. Thanks for looking. wendell.

p141641875-5.jpg

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Good first attempt Wendell. thumb.gif It is over processed but a nice shot. I would also suggest you run it through whatever noise software you use.
  • wendellwendell Registered Users Posts: 308 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Good first attempt Wendell. thumb.gif It is over processed but a nice shot. I would also suggest you run it through whatever noise software you use.

Thanks for commenting Dan. I know how I cooked the sky but don't understand where I picked up the noise, the whole image looks crappy when viewed 1/1. Shot at ISO 100 and tripod mounted. There was some vibration transmitted through the tower from the wind that evening. Oh well --- I'll keep trying until I get it right.
    wendell
  • cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    It might be overdone, but I think it is really cool looking especially with the title.

Stephanie
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    wendell wrote:
    Thanks for commenting Dan. I know how I cooked the sky but don't understand where I picked up the noise, the whole image looks crappy when viewed 1/1. Shot at ISO 100 and tripod mounted. There was some vibration transmitted through the tower from the wind that evening. Oh well --- I'll keep trying until I get it right.
    wendell

I think the noise is artifacts from Photomatix, but others here can tell you for sure.
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    It may be overcooked, but who cares...the colors are out of this world, Wendell! I've noticed that when I oversaturate an image, more noise tends to creep in. That may be what's happening here, or it may be a part of the reason.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com