Taking A Break

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited July 5, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
Laid the tools down for a break.

580942293_SqLgJ-L.jpg

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Lovely Rust Mary Kim. Looks like my yard tools...despite my best intentions I always leave them out in the weather.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Lovely Rust Mary Kim. Looks like my yard tools...despite my best intentions I always leave them out in the weather.

Thanks Jack. I tried the Orton Effect on this, but don't know if it really worked or not, but I liked it.

Seems like our tools are always left outside till we are done using them or the season is over. Not a good thing to do. The shovel took it's dings from shoveling to much rock over the years.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009
    Hi Mary Kim......Nice shotthumb.gif The Orton is well done ..YOu got the benefit of it, but it doesn't have Orton written all over it. If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have know it..... azzaro
    edited July 5, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Mary Kim......Nice shotthumb.gif The Orton is well done ..YOu got the benefit of it, but it doesn't have Orton written all over it. If you hadn't told me I wouldn't have know it..... azzaro

Thanks Azzaro :D I tried to keep the effect to a minimum since sometimes it can be alittle to much. If you didn't notice it then it was successful clap.gif
  • kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Thanks Azzaro :D I tried to keep the effect to a minimum since sometimes it can be alittle to much. If you didn't notice it then it was successful clap.gif

I have no clue what Orton is, but I know a beautiful shot when I see it. I really like the texture, atmosphere and colors on your tools!
    edited July 5, 2009
    kds1 wrote:
    I have no clue what Orton is, but I know a beautiful shot when I see it. I really like the texture, atmosphere and colors on your tools!

Thank you for your kind comments :D

The Orton treatment is actually really easy to do. This link gives you an example of how to do it --- http://pcin.net/update/2006/11/01/the-orton-effect-digital-photography-tip-of-the-week/ You will find that some photos work and others don't. My first Orton try was with a corn field ready for harvest...really didn't work all that well, but I'm still learning.