First post w/ photo-day one with Olympus E620

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited July 4, 2009 in People
Hello All,
Been playing all day with my new camera.
I wanted to get the hang of posting to Dgrin, so this is a test-not the most tech savy, but I am learning.

This is Sofia, my daughter, just turned 2. Posted in black and white and color to see which is best.

If I know nothing about taking photos, I know even less about post processing. Wanted to blur out the background where the chain link fence is, but don't know how--I don't mind the fence so much but I just wanted to play around with effects.

As I learn more, I hope to post some more---hopefully better ones. Just happy to be able to start taking photos and learning, learning, learning.

http://lizzardnyc.smugmug.com/photos/581338674_v5bL8-X2-1.jpg
http://lizzardnyc.smugmug.com/photos/581335783_NMbKd-X2.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2009
    It's nice to see someone from Queens! I grew up there, Jamaica/Hillside.

Have you tried a little bit of brightening and contrast? I think both the black and white and the color versions can benefit from a little pop. They look just a little flat, and that's an easy fix :)
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    It's nice to see someone from Queens! I grew up there, Jamaica/Hillside.

Have you tried a little bit of brightening and contrast? I think both the black and white and the color versions can benefit from a little pop. They look just a little flat, and that's an easy fix :)

Hey there,
    Yup from Queens, right by Queens Center mall, I know you have to know where that is.

I did try the brightening and contrast by using my Olympus editing software that came w/ camera--I think I need to buy a photoshop program next.

I appreciate the tips--and will look into photoshop.
    Liz A.
    _________