Options

Daughters Softball Tournament

OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
edited June 20, 2005 in Sports
Hello everyone and Happy Fathers Day

First time to post my pics here. Please give me a honest opinion ( I have thick skin) So I will know what I need to work on, thanks.

Here in Alabama they have decided to let highschool girls play in a summer highschool softball league ( a few practices/tournaments). Jv and Varsity are combined to play and is great experince for the younger girls to play along with the older girls. Hope I can post these correctly :D

Taken Fri & Sat, Canon 20D, Qray 70x300 f4.5

They let me on the field to take pics, so this was taken behind the catcher and to the left a few feet.
http://fitephotography.smugmug.com/photos/25431785-O.jpg

http://fitephotography.smugmug.com/photos/25431742-O.jpg

http://fitephotography.smugmug.com/photos/25431455-O.jpg

My Daughter, she caught 3 fly balls, 2 ground ball outs and 1 double play :clap
http://fitephotography.smugmug.com/photos/25463945-O.jpg
Brad Fite :D
www.fitephotography.com
Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff

Comments

• Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    just a tip, if you put the photos in your post it makes it easier for people to comment, rather than clicking each link.

But comments, shots are pretty good you have faces (which is always my first comment) faces tell your story.

I am usually not a person that cares too much for horizon (mine are usually off especailly in hockey because of the angle in which I shoot, but then again we dont always look at things straight on) that being said....she looks a bit tipped in the first one, which I doubt was her pitching style.

The bat on ball shot is great, and its one of those deals that I bet you proably cant move someplace else to make those backgrounds cleaner.

and hmmm what else (yeah see why its easier to have them on the page....I could reply with qoutes already have your photos here for reference, then delete them before I post so my post isnt even longer ( I can be long winded))

Oh the 2nd one, if you are going to get a shot of the pitcher durning warm ups (which is a great time to get a lot of shots of the pitcher, and then you can focus on field durning game play (I also get shots of all the players over the course of the game during warms ups).
    But try to eliminate the background, you can see the 2nd baseman picking up a ball, so you can tell that isnt a game time shot, takes a little of the shots impact away.
    This one was taken during warm ups....
    20665681-M-2.jpg
    sometimes shooting warm ups is the only way to get the outfielders:
    20666067-M-2.jpg
    Then by getting those shots durning warmups you can get shots like this durning gametime:
    a nice shortstop stretch:
    20665760-M-2.jpg
  • Options
    OnreyOnrey Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    Hi Winger, thanks for the response, as for the links I read on here somewhere that that was the prefered way to post them ne_nau.gif I'll have to look into other wys to post.

I also agree with the warm ups for the pitcher, But you only have 6 warm up pitches and they go fairly quick, so sometimes I have to get what I can get, otherwise I totaly agree that the other players and balls do take away from the photo.

BTW you have some very nice photos aswell, I really enjoy shooting softball action shots.

Thanks

Anymore comments/suggestions ? all are welcome.
    Brad Fite :D
    www.fitephotography.com
    Canon 1D MkIIN, Canon 50D, Canon 300 f/2.8L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 24-70 f/2.8L, Canon 85 f/1.8, Canon 1.4 Extender,
    Canon 580 & 420 Flash, Pocket Wizards,
    Alien Bee 800, Other misc stuff
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2005
    Onrey wrote:
    Hi Winger, thanks for the response, as for the links I read on here somewhere that that was the prefered way to post them ne_nau.gif I'll have to look into other wys to post.

I also agree with the warm ups for the pitcher, But you only have 6 warm up pitches and they go fairly quick, so sometimes I have to get what I can get, otherwise I totaly agree that the other players and balls do take away from the photo.

BTW you have some very nice photos aswell, I really enjoy shooting softball action shots.

Thanks

Anymore comments/suggestions ? all are welcome.
    Oh was that in an FAQ....proably says that to preserve space. Just thinking from the human nature way, some of use are lazy :)