Options

RAW Frustration

GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
edited July 4, 2009 in Finishing School
Ok, so I got all this great and wise advice about shooting in RAW and I practiced a few on my dogs. I love RAW! BUT . . . I use Elements 7 and for the life of me, I can't get them converted to .jpg files! I even tried first saving them as .PSD files and attempted to convert them to jpg from there. No go. In the dropdown, only a JPEG 2000 option shows up to select. I tried to just change the file extension and that didn't work either. What the heck?! If it's this much hassle, I'lls stick with shooting in jpg. *sigh* Help please?

Comments

• Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2009
    I don't have Elements, but full Photoshop won't convert 16-bit images to JPEG unless you either take the Mode down to 8-bit or use Save for Web. You might try those in Elements.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2009
    Oh, you know what! I had it set for 16-bit, but the default was 8. No wonder! I'll try that. Thank you!
    colourbox wrote:
    I don't have Elements, but full Photoshop won't convert 16-bit images to JPEG unless you either take the Mode down to 8-bit or use Save for Web. You might try those in Elements.
  • Options
    edited July 4, 2009
    That worked! Thank you thank you thank you. This forum is awesome!

GoofBckt wrote:
    Oh, you know what! I had it set for 16-bit, but the default was 8. No wonder! I'll try that. Thank you!