Old man Portraits

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited July 6, 2009 in People
Met this beggar in my street, he loves to pose for camera. He is from Afghanistan.

581874528_fyMF7-L.jpg

581874683_qVorL-L.jpg

581874355_r8yPz-L.jpg

100mm macro at f2.8 on 400D
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Great photos. They just jump right out and grab you.
  • FlutistFlutist Registered Users Posts: 704 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Yeah, really makes me want to sit down and hear his stories. I'm sure there are many.
    ~Shannon~

Canon 50D, Rebel XTi,Canon 24-105L, Canon 50mm 1.8, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430EX
    www.sbrownphotography.smugmug.com
    my real job
    looking for someone to photograph my wedding 8/11
  • ProfessionalProfessional Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    They are great expressive portraits.

I prefer #2 & 3, just wish in #2 if you shown more of his beard [full], and #3 is great but face is getting small comparing to #1&2, also the small part of that stick or whatever in #3 could be removed or if you show it more to tell a story at least.

Overall, you did a great job, one day i will travel to one of those places in the world for portraits [not in my country].
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Met this beggar in my street, he loves to pose for camera. He is from Afghanistan.

100mm macro at f2.8 on 400D

Love one and two - three not so much. I don't need to see the full beard to know from one and two that he has one; likewise the turban. The eyes say it all.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Hello thanks everyone. I always find very difficult to compose photo of Beard people. My personal favorite is 1st

Here are two from about year ago, same man. But different lens (50mm)
    225689857_gL2xM-L.jpg

225689477_szAMa-L.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JwarJwar Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    WOW, these are great. I always enjoy the photos you share, giving us some insight to your side of the world. bowdown.gif
    Jay

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
    Kinky Friedman
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    i also enjoy them ...
    i think the collors from the last year shot looks better than the new,
    maby too much yellow now?
    but this year b&w looks really good, nice tones.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Yeah, I thought I remembered his face! Very nice photo Awais! Nice to see him smile too (at least I think he's smiling a bit)!

Love it!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Thanks all for CC.

Angie he is a happy man. He posed for the portrait, when i asked him for a photograph. Though he don't understand language i speak, nor i understand his language.

One thing was strange, he was pointing his finger into his right eye, and kept talking about something.headscratch.gif

My Gallery
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Good stuff Awais ... I would have tipped him.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Thanks all for CC.

Angie he is a happy man. He posed for the portrait, when i asked him for a photograph. Though he don't understand language i speak, nor i understand his language.

One thing was strange, he was pointing his finger into his right eye, and kept talking about something.headscratch.gif

Hmmm ... maybe he's blind? ne_nau.gif

Funny, I wonder if he remembers you? I'm sure the whole dgrin forum would recognize if we would see him on the street iloveyou.gif Beautiful portraits!
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Thanks all for CC.

Nice work and may I say; I really like the fact that you take time in giving a "Westerner", a peek into other cultures and settings. THANKS!