Look out I figured out how to post a photo here!

kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited July 6, 2009 in People
I think. Let's try my second photo ever. I really like this one, but as a newbie, I need all the c & c I can get. Takers?

582516752_E5ECd-L.jpg

Comments

• ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Everything works here except that signature/watermark. If you absolutely must have it, why not lower right so it doesn't spoil your really nice shot? It was good enought for Rembrandt, Picasso, and Van Gogh.
    If not now, when?
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Very cute pic, love the crop too .. just not sure what to think about the lower eyelashes of HIS right eye ... I think they're somehow "distracting", just because I don't see them on the other side too?? ne_nau.gif Not sure what to think ... haha

But it IS a very nice pic thumb.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 6, 2009
    great capture. i like everything about it but I agree with Rutt; the watermark is distracting in its placement.

thumb.gif
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    I like the eyelashes because I bet they are almost white and hard to see most times. Love the shot.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Very cute pic, love the crop too .. just not sure what to think about the lower eyelashes of HIS right eye ... I think they're somehow "distracting", just because I don't see them on the other side too?? ne_nau.gif Not sure what to think ... haha

But it IS a very nice pic thumb.gif

I think the reason you find it hard to see the eye lashes of the left eye is because of the angle of the face. The lashes of the left eye appear to be sticking straight out towards you, so they seem to disappear.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Thanks, everyone! Good thoughts. I never even thought about my watermark placement as distracting - I guess I just kind of see through it at this point or something, but I can certainly see what you mean now. I'll play around with the placement and size on my galleries. Oi - does this mean I now have to figure out how to change the watermark placement/size and do it for all my galleries?!? rolleyes1.gif Always learning. :)

About his eyelashes, VayCay Mom is right. This is where the really fuzzy line (is there one?) comes between objective and subjective in your images. He is my son. And yes, usually you can't see his eyelashes at all (like the other eye) because they are so light. One of the reasons I like this photo is because you can finally see his eyelashes and they are actually really long.

But I do see what you are saying Agnieszka, now that that was brought to my attention. It's funny how a 'mother's eye' can keep you seeing things in a certain way. It's like those black and white puzzle type illustrations that you see two different things in depending on your perspective - is it an old lady's face or is it a flower - that type of thing. I think all things considered, I still do like the eyelashes and the way they stand out. But thank you for letting me see the image from another perspective! Very valuable.

And now to play with the watermark .....

Thanks for the ideas, everyone!