Options

A few hours in New York

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited July 7, 2009 in Journeys
I had the opportunity to venture into New York for a few hours after completing the Race Across America. By the way, I will be posting another thread with the pics I took. I was able to grab a few shots while strolling through New York. Hope you enjoy them.

Growing up in LA, it was quite unusual to see so many people walking

582686055_iuQmL-XL.jpg

Another thing that struck me were all the dogs being walked. New York seemed to be a very dog friendly city which I immediately loved!

582687615_cLss6-XL.jpg

582699713_2UH6q-XL.jpg

582700695_8KBcL-XL.jpg

Central Park was huge. Got turned around a bit and wound up in Spanish Harlem. Tried to look as tough as I could walking through there with my camera gear.

582682483_LHixC-XL.jpg

582684365_mzLLY-XL.jpg

582694440_WuUuZ-XL.jpg

The diversity of people on the streets was quite cool. Actually, I met lots of friendly people; not at all what I expected.

582696470_274ic-XL.jpg

582695347_cudXu-XL.jpg

582705265_Xwfda-XL.jpg

582701329_vxm5B-XL.jpg

The subway was quite the experience. I was a little intimidated at first but once I realized I could just ask for directions, I felt much better.

582702348_pEDTz-XL.jpg

Of all the people I met, this old lady was the only rude one. She yelled at me for taking pictures of the subway rats just before the subway train arrived.

582702580_MnPyy-XL.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    ShaggieShaggie Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2009
    VERY cool! clap.gif

PLease - any more?ne_nau.gif

Shane
  • Options
    Howe Creative PhotographyHowe Creative Photography Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    I want to go there so bad! Love the pics!
    Bridget:ivar

Nikon D80
    Nikon D300s (on it's way)
    Nikon 24-70 f/2.8
    Tamron 18-200mm
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8
    Nikon 70-300mm
    Tamron 90mm macro
    some lights and backgrounds

• Options
    JwarJwar Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    New York is a great place and i think you did a good capturing it. I really like 1,2 and 11. This contrast between the two women in pic 11 is great.
    I also like the quote from tyson in your sig.
    Jay

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
    Kinky Friedman
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Jwar wrote:
    New York is a great place and i think you did a good capturing it. I really like 1,2 and 11. This contrast between the two women in pic 11 is great.
    I also like the quote from tyson in your sig.

Thanks... that's probably one of my favs. It's funny because I had stopped to just take a breather and I saw the gal sitting at the bench. Not sure what it was about her but I she looked cool just sitting there doing what appeared to be work. I snapped a couple of shots and then I look at the homeless lady started to approach and I was lucky enough to compose and grab a shot with both of them in frame.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    another great set!