Options

Emily (16 yr old daughter)

GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
edited July 8, 2009 in People
Took approx 100 shots of my daughter the other day. About 15 of which turned out ok. Here's a sampling for critique. Thank you. :)

Comments

• Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Nice shot! But I think it would be better if you had gotten a little closer and captured more eye details (no catch lights). This would naturally eliminate some of the background, causing a closer crop of the subject.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    GoofBcktGoofBckt Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Thanks, Gary. I appreciate that. You're right.
    BroPhoto wrote:
    Nice shot! But I think it would be better if you had gotten a little closer and captured more eye details (no catch lights). This would naturally eliminate some of the background, causing a closer crop of the subject.

GaryB
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    GoofBckt wrote:
    Thanks, Gary. I appreciate that. You're right.

Not only wouldn't I worry about catch lights, I'd get rid of the artificial vignetting. You've got a great informal portrait here, with the shoes adding a quirky element that makes the viewer pause and think...'weird bunny ears? Oh! Sneakers! Perfect!' And you've really captured your daughter as a real kid...' Very nice.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    I'm goin' to combine a couple suggestions; How about closing in AND deleting the vignette (?)..... I think it would look a lot sweeter. headscratch.gif

Charming young Lady, you have there.
  • Options
    afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    i would have taken the shot at angle from her so you get a bit of her legs..i'm not a fan of the shoes sticking out of her head and prefer seeing where those shoes are connected to...I also really like that the shoes are red, just a nice pop of color in the photo.
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/