Yet Another Sedona Moonrise

2»

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    This is just a fabulous image joel in every respect. clap.gifclap
    15524779-Ti.gif with Bryan regarding our being geographically challenged here on this side of the US. I just don't know of any landscape opportunities hereby that offer the sheer majesty of the ones you folks out west routinely capture.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • christinamaechristinamae Registered Users Posts: 484 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Gorgeous! bowdown.gif The light on the rocks is stunning!

*kicking myself for not going to Sedona in the last year and a half since I bought my camera. I only live 90 minutes away! headscratch.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 10, 2009
    argyle wrote:
    Its from magnetic north...and I'll bet the folks along the fence were friends that I shot with last month. As far as why...you get a little bit of a better angle, allowing you to see the leading edge of the moon as it begins to appear from behind the buttes (the best that I can tell). But a lot also depends on the inclination angle. When I got my shots, the moon rose at about a 45 degree angle and never got behind the butte on the far right...it came from behind the left butte, rose behind the Bride and Groom formation, and then up from there. From the looks of your shots, I'd guess that it was about the same? But either way, your first image is a definite winner and one to be proud of...I definitely need to get back there to try my luck again at the good light. Maybe soon...

Thanks, Argyle. My true north versus magnetic north error caused me to try to go as far east as possible. That's how I ended up on the knoll. Next time I'll know better. nod.gif

Maybe I'll see you on the next full moon. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 10, 2009
    Thanks to Nikhil, Awais, Grimace, Brenton, Crow, Bryan, Jack, Christina, and anybody else I may have missed. I appreciate the kind words and comments. bowdown.gif

-joel