Options

The model always wins ;) (18+)

dontpanicdontpanic Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
edited July 20, 2009 in Go Figure
Hello everybody!

Unfortunately my primary camera body needed some repair. Anyway I decided to have a shoot with Carka and the images turned out very well. And that was a good decission. Not so many pixels with my D70s but that does not matter here. Enjoy:

583380363_dpbuL-L.jpg

583370263_fXK6D-L.jpg

583341946_kNY2T-L.jpg

583311840_TwbxC-L.jpg

And after all, we ended up in this:
583352368_2jSkn-S.jpg

Because the model always wins. As I said.

Comments and critics are always welcome!

Have fun!
Thomas

Comments

• Options
    D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Well, well, well........

LIKE EM'. clap.gif

Best IMO are 1 and 4, probably because of the eye contact - Although they are a little soft in #1.... Not a deal-breaker though. :D
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Thomas,
    awesome model and great stuff! thumb.gif
    Last one is hilarious rolleyes1.gif

My only nit is with #3. Apart from being apparently uncomfortable for her, I don't think it plays nicely for the viewer. The crucial part is her left leg. I don't have a clear idea at the moment how improve it, just a general feeling of "it doesn't work", you know...
    Poses like that (extremely physically challenging/uncomfortable to hold) can often bring great results, but they are also often very easy to screw up... ne_nau.gif
    Here's what I did in a more-or-less similar case: http://nik.smugmug.com/photos/493815575_2nU4G-XL.jpg
    As you can see I opted for a matching limbs position and an almost pure profile. A viable option would be asking her to raise one bent leg and place the toes onto the other leg's knee, thus creating another traingular space, but I didn't have a heart to ask her to do that since she was already in a highly precarious position...

One again - great series! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Actually, I think #3 is the best of the group! Nice all around....pun intended! :D
  • Options
    WinemanWineman Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    You had me at Hello....

The 4th is the one I like the best, I agree with Nik regarding the 3rd photo, And the last one is great!!

Keep them coming.

Z.
    I do not suffer insanity... I enjoy it!!!
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2009
    Absolutely gorgeous. Great job!clap.gif
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    wadesworldwadesworld Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    Not that I usually have the first clue about such things, but her makeup looks fantastic. Professional makeup artist?
    Wade Williams
    Nikon D300, 18-135/3.5-5.6, 70-300/4.5-5.6, SB800
  • Options
    Candid ArtsCandid Arts Registered Users Posts: 1,685 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2009
    The silver effect you have in photos 3 and 4. Is this a layer in PS, or some effect that you're doing? What is your process on those photos. I'm very interested in that. I keep going back to those two.
  • Options
    dontpanicdontpanic Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited July 20, 2009
    Thanks to all for the feedback! :ivar
    On many sites you get only something like "great image", "beautyful" or even more strange "wow". But that here really helps.

Nik, with regard to her left leg, I think it's not working so well because of the strong angle at the knee, that "arrow" points to a meaningless direction and the eye of the viewer is not stopped. Also the light at the lower left side might be a bit brighter to reduce the contrast in not so interesting areas around feet and knees. Thanks for the hint, I didn't see that. The image you linked, I would have fear that the model might fall down. But I think everything went well and the image can be enjoied without cutback.

Wade, she did take care for the makeup herself. Luky me to get such a talent :D

Candid Arts, the postprocessing was in deed a bit more then what I usually apply to my images. Most of the time I go with Capture NX2. Everything from retouching, skin enhancements and the basic raw processing of course goes in that. To complete the image I enhanced it even more with GIMP in basically two steps that makes the bronze-colored, or silver look. First a sharpening after desaturating to values, with huge radius to get that shiny look and applied with opacity to please. Then with a dup of the layer again desaturated to value and with opacity to please.The effect works thanks to her tanned skin.

Thanks again! thumb.gif