Tarzan Doesn't Live Here Any More

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited July 8, 2009 in Landscapes
While taking a walk in the woods, the light and tree limbs caught my eye. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

583621848_k4Um8-XL.jpg

583621957_FhgWT-XL.jpg

583618451_NWC4e-XL.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    I really love these, tbh. While the composition is a bit busy, sometimes the light creates your subject when you're least looking for it.

I love the warm spotlight effect of the dappled sun, and the cool green jungle behind it. Very soothing, peaceful images. :D
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Beautiful shots, eia! The light and subject matter are so wonderful. Are you sure Tarzan doesn't live there anymore. I expect him to come swinging out of one of these lovely scenes any minute now. :D
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Beautiful light in the first one!
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    I really love these, tbh. While the composition is a bit busy, sometimes the light creates your subject when you're least looking for it.

I love the warm spotlight effect of the dappled sun, and the cool green jungle behind it. Very soothing, peaceful images. :D

Thanks for your comment. Yes, the lighting was too good to pass up... the mess of branches made it a bit eery. It was peaceful even though I got hung up in the mess during my walk! :D
    edited July 7, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful shots, eia! The light and subject matter are so wonderful. Are you sure Tarzan doesn't live there anymore. I expect him to come swinging out of one of these lovely scenes any minute now. :D

I did feel a little like Jane when I got entangled in the mess.mwink.gif But no one came swinging in to rescue me!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited July 7, 2009
    Love the first one, Eia. Looks like a tropical paradise. Where was it shot? That doesn't look like Arizona to me...

Cheers,
    -joel
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    unique, and you really exposed these nice... i love the crazy branch/vine in #1...thumb.gif

btw, the BG has a very nice glow to it. thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    schmoo wrote:

What she said. thumb.gif Very nice Eia.
    edited July 7, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Love the first one, Eia. Looks like a tropical paradise. Where was it shot? That doesn't look like Arizona to me...

Cheers,
    -joel

My Dad had to have emergency surgery so I was called back to WV for most of June. This was taken in the woods near my home in WV.

I'm back in AZ just in time for the high triple digits...ugh! Slowly but surely I am going thru the photographs taken in WV.

Thanks for the comment!
    edited July 7, 2009
    unique, and you really exposed these nice... i love the crazy branch/vine in #1...thumb.gif

btw, the BG has a very nice glow to it. thumb.gif

Thank you, the branch in the first looks like Tarzan's swing!:D
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Good eyedeal.gif

You sighted the order in all the chaos clap.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Sweet shots. My fav is the 3rd because the light is more varied, in the background more pearly and fantasy-like. clap.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
    edited July 7, 2009
    Good eyedeal.gif

You sighted the order in all the chaos clap.gif

Thank you for your comment; I appreciate it.
    edited July 7, 2009
    NeilL wrote:
    Sweet shots. My fav is the 3rd because the light is more varied, in the background more pearly and fantasy-like. clap.gif

Hey, thanks for noticing the varied difference! :D
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    The first shot is WONDERFUL. It's such beautiful light and you certainly captured it well. Nicely done ma'am....thumb.gif

Cheers,
    edited July 8, 2009
    shniks wrote:
    The first shot is WONDERFUL. It's such beautiful light and you certainly captured it well. Nicely done ma'am....thumb.gif

Cheers,

Why thank you sir! :D