Proof days for downloads?

EnitsuguaEnitsugua Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
edited July 8, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Why no proof days for downloads? I don't always post the final fully edited photos, and would sometimes like to replace what's up there when someone purchases a download.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    People want digital downloads asap. You can email them a new photo, after they buy, if you like!
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    People want digital downloads asap. You can email them a new photo, after they buy, if you like!

Andy,

I agree with the OP and I think many of us do. We should decide if people get their digital downloads instantly or not. If someone wants their customers to have immediate access they can set proof days to 0. If they want to make sure the picture is ready first, they could chose to do something else. Why not give us the option?

In my case, I put about 225-275 trip photos up. I put them online SOOC (after weeding out the total garbage of course) knowing that when someone orders a print I've got a couple days to crop, edit, etc. One of the challenges with offering digital downloads to these guys is that they're downloading the SOOC version. The problem with fixing them up before I put them online is that I'll waste a bunch of time fixing up pictures that on one will buy.

I vote for giving us the choice about when our customers get the downloads.
    edited July 6, 2009
    Pupator wrote:
    I vote for giving us the choice about when our customers get the downloads.
    http://smugmug.uservoice.com
  • TalkieTTalkieT Registered Users Posts: 491 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Andy wrote:

Quite seriously, is there any chance Smugmug will comment on whether the top requests have a chance of getting done?

Obviously my (and almost every non US based pro) concern is somehow being able have SM accept non $USD transactions (or have options for local print labs)

In the past you've admitted that this isn't on any development schedule. Are we just whistling dixie on this one?

Cheers - N

ps. Still love the rest of the site and the support - still dismayed that non-US pros are hamstrung.

I have had paypal options for Digital Downloads on my site for over 6 months now... While I don't sell a lot (Maybe a couple of grand a year), I have noticed that I now sell 90% of my photos through the Paypal system.

I _WANT_ Smugmug to have the commission on those sales, and I don't want to have to re-edit and email the photos to everyone - but my customers just won't buy in $USD.
    --
    http://www.nzsnaps.com (talkiet.smugmug.com)
    edited July 7, 2009
    TalkieT wrote:
    Quite seriously, is there any chance Smugmug will comment on whether the top requests have a chance of getting done?

We don't give out information on future plans. We've commented at length on stuff that's in the immediate development queue. And we've proven over the years that we listen to our customers.

You don't miss a chance to tell us about foreign currency options - we know you want it. I've commented on the foreign currency stuff before, that it is behind a fairly extensive list of things that we're committed to get out the door first. I'm sorry I don't have a better, different answer of you.

Yes, we're listening and watching the uservoice stuff.

Let your voices be heard! http://smugmug.uservoice.com

(BTW, this new system was at the request of our customers!)
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Let your voices be heard! http://smugmug.uservoice.com

Great idea, but why yet another social networking site that wants me to create an account. rolleyes1.gif

This should have been hosted through SmugMug or Dgrin...
    edited July 7, 2009
    mbellot wrote:
    Great idea, but why yet another social networking site that wants me to create an account. rolleyes1.gif

This should have been hosted through SmugMug or Dgrin...
    I'm sorry, use your existing OpenID, facebook, google account, yahoo account, twitter, myspace, windows live, blogger, wordpress or verisign logins. You probably have one of these.

If I'd have done what you are asking right now, it would mean taking a sorcerer off of an existing project that you guys want lol3.gif
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    I'm sorry, use your existing OpenID, facebook, google account, yahoo account, twitter, myspace, windows live, blogger, wordpress or verisign logins. You probably have one of these.

Nope.
    Andy wrote:
    If I'd have done what you are asking right now, it would mean taking a sorcerer off of an existing project that you guys want lol3.gif

Last thing we need is another reason to delay coupons...
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    mbellot wrote:
    Nope..
    Actually, you do have an Open ID from Smugmug (everyone does). I selected OpenID, then entered the URL of my homepage and I was able to login via Smugmug without creating a new account. I wouldn't say the UI is all that simple, but it works.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • EnitsuguaEnitsugua Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
  • EnitsuguaEnitsugua Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Andy wrote:

That's what I do now, but I would prefer a more integrated solution (Proof Days).