A few shots from the weekend

SSSSSS Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
edited July 8, 2009 in People
My neice and nephew visited us at the cabin this weekend. Thank for looking. BTW These didn't look as overexposed in Bridge, do you guys experience the same 'exposure shift'?

584066867_jQwJX-M.jpg

584065901_59jqx-M.jpg

584068182_nGAS5-M.jpg

584067631_6qswd-M.jpg

Steve

Comments

• TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2009
    If you are shooting Nikon, you might want to put a -.7 exposure compensation on it. Nikons tend to over expose, but look fine on the LCD.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Tim KamppinenTim Kamppinen Registered Users Posts: 816 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Well, I don't know what they look like in Bridge on your comp, but to me they don't look overexposed here. Unless you're talking about the sky in the first two and the right edge of the subject's neck in the last one... the faces and everything else look fine to me though.
  • whiteaglewhiteagle Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    I'm seeing the overexposure in the first one. The skin is kind of washed out. Please give us the details on what setup you're using. The flash is looking very cool compared with the sun. Maybe think about putting a 1/4 CTO gel on the flash.
    My website: Fresh Edge Photo
    My latest project: Worship Backgrounds
    My twitter habit: Daniel Roberts
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    In addition to the above, watch your histogram when shooting and, if you haven't already, calibrate your monitor. Monitor calibration can make all the difference in the world.
  • SSSSSS Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    The monitor calibration has frustrated me for some time and is the likely culprit I think. A while back I bought a Huey when I couldn't get my prints to match my display. I have since upgraded to a LCD and an Epson 3800 and while both look good neither matches the other. Now that I think about it these were processed on my laptop but the post and my comment about exposure were both from my desktop.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    SSS wrote:
    The monitor calibration has frustrated me for some time and is the likely culprit I think. A while back I bought a Huey when I couldn't get my prints to match my display. I have since upgraded to a LCD and an Epson 3800 and while both look good neither matches the other. Now that I think about it these were processed on my laptop but the post and my comment about exposure were both from my desktop.
    It used to be that people were having problems with the Huey - the resulting colors were just "not right." I don't know that this was ever fixed via software upgrades or not. Might be worth your time to goggle
    huey site:dgrin.com

might be a good place to start) and read the results for a better idea of the current situation.

Or, you can drop a bit more change on a higher-end monitor calibration tool. ne_nau.gif