Gold Diggin's

2»

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Heather, I'm sorry for your family's loss. It seems there are never enough moments captured, sometimes. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

I had to leave the memorial service that I posted, earlier than I wanted to because we had family from AK coming into town that afternoon. My sis-in-law wanted family photos taken while here, and my bro-in-law did his usual bit of grumbling about it. I was able to quickly say, "Hey, I just came from a funeral and that family is so happy for the photos they do have and wish they had more, so I don't want to hear any complaining!" That seemed to shed some perspective on it. Photos are important.

These photos of your dad...priceless.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    These will be cherished forever. I had the same thought as Jeff, put these is a hardback book. I've wanted to document life from as far back as I can remember and I know that the abundance of family photographs I was exposed to helped create that desire. I am fortunate to have family photos from almost as far back as the first camera. One of my favorite momentos from my grandmother is the brownie camera she bought for herself with money she received for graduating high school in 1924!

opps, now ya'll know too much about me!
    Jaye
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Thanks everyone for your heartfelt sympathy. We are doing pretty well since my Grandfather lived several thousand miles away from us and we have been able to be with him only a dozen times or so during our lives. But still we had a lot of fondness for him. My Grandmother is one of the greatest scrapbookers alive, so fortunately there are a lot of photos to remember him by...

Meanwhile, I just am always amazed at the clients that return a year or two after I shoot a reunion or wedding wanting a photo for the newspaper obituary section... It causes me to always be careful to get individual photos of the elderly family... it is almost as important to me as the bride.

And Jayegirl- too cool about the camera! Have you run any film through it? And can you believe that I have VIDEO of me learning to walk? That was 30 years ago! Pretty cool. I have one sis-in-law that literally has one (1) photo of herself as a child. It makes me so thankful for parents who put a high priority on memories.
  • jpendley77jpendley77 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Fantastic documentation! I have been a big fan of yours since I started DGrin last year. Always great pictures.
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009

And Jayegirl- too cool about the camera! Have you run any film through it? And can you believe that I have VIDEO of me learning to walk? That was 30 years ago! Pretty cool. I have one sis-in-law that literally has one (1) photo of herself as a child. It makes me so thankful for parents who put a high priority on memories.

I have not put film through the camera. I might try it someday. I actually got the details incorrect. My grandmother put a hand-written note on the camera that says:
    This camera was given to me for my birthday by my grandmother Crownover. She gave me $5.00 and I bought this while in High School- in early '20's. P.S. Joe Rogers said never get rid of it. Lens made in Germany.

I am thankful for all the photos etc but my parents didn't own a video camera when I was little. All of my baby stuff is on slides.
    Jaye
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2009
    Yeah, #14 is the shot for me. Because of your story and the photo itself, I can feel your love for him in this shot. (either that or I'm sentimental). You have a very good knack for telling a story. Thank you so much for sharing your life with us.