A thread of life

TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited July 7, 2009 in Landscapes
583713040_zE35r-L.jpg

In the DaKobed Range there are many glaciers, most less than their fomer glory. Where I stood in this photo probably wasn't so long ago covered in the ice of the Honeycomb Glacier. I found this color heartening. It shows that life will cling to anything, even if just by a thread. In this case Indian Paint Brush beneath Tenpeak in the Glacier Peak Wilderness of Washington State.

584117691_dMNJd-L.jpg

Among boulders and grass color pokes out between permanent snowfields beneath Glacier Peak's Cool Glacier. Silky Phacalia doesn't immediately pull your eyes to it until you look closely.

583671078_TsaaK-L.jpg

Glacier Lilly's so appropriately named cover huge areas near ridge tops and grow even out of the snows before they melt. Here they are in full bloom on my way through White Pass before hiking out my last 18 miles in a week long climb/ski adventure that would see me through amazing country.
More photos: www.alpinestateofmind.com
Ski Mountaineering stories: www.cascadecrusades.org
Jason Hummel photography on:
FACEBOOK

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Nice photos, I like the concept of 1st, but i hope right portion was bit better in terms of brightness and sharpness.

I really like other twoclap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    15524779-Ti.gif I like your 3rd shot the most from this series. thumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Great series! The more I see shots from such places, the more I wonder how the things that live there survive. I've never really seen flowers like this, but it's interesting that while the greenery in difficult climates can often be worn and tired-looking, the flowers are always so bright. thumb.gif
  • TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Thanks guys. 100's more pics to work through to see if there are any good ones. Oh...I do wish I had the 1st one with a better background but I was clinging to a slippery ledge over big cliffs. I did manage a few other versions that may be better, some with no background at all.

BTW, Glacier Peak is an amazing area. I never did get a sunset like I wanted, but no matter. This peak is worth visiting if you are ever in the area and feel like a long hike to see it. There are no ways to drive anywhere close, so its an effort, especially the first one here where there are no trails and several glaciers and such to cross just to get there.

583691993_Dnjhb-L.jpg

583661952_m32qE-L.jpg
    FACEBOOK
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    great series, I really enjoy finding wildflower like this... apparently so do youthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Tharhawk wrote:
    Thanks guys. 100's more pics to work through to see if there are any good ones. Oh...I do wish I had the 1st one with a better background but I was clinging to a slippery ledge over big cliffs. I did manage a few other versions that may be better, some with no background at all.

BTW, Glacier Peak is an amazing area. I never did get a sunset like I wanted, but no matter. This peak is worth visiting if you are ever in the area and feel like a long hike to see it. There are no ways to drive anywhere close, so its an effort, especially the first one here where there are no trails and several glaciers and such to cross just to get there.

583691993_Dnjhb-L.jpg

583661952_m32qE-L.jpg

These 2 are absolutely fantastic!thumb.gifclap.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • TharhawkTharhawk Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Thx Thapamd. Glacier Peak is an amazing Volcano.
    FACEBOOK