Red Top Lookout Wa.

HDShooterHDShooter Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
edited July 7, 2009 in Landscapes
Did some camping with the family and took advantage, as I always do, to shoot some pics.
C&C Welcome.

1st night after sunset.
573540729_cBAWq-XL.jpg

2 shot pano of the lookout.
573544724_rAw36-X2.jpg

View northwest from the lookout.
573555162_ABsPg-XL.jpg

The Flag from the lookout with Mt. Stuart in the background.
573552270_6CnNK-XL.jpg

The lookout late into the evening.
573560255_fxHex-XL.jpg

An HDR of the sunset from the top.
573560227_nmWiu-XL.jpg

Comments

• rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Great work here HDShooter!! I really like all of them but #2, 3, 4, and 5 are just spectacular!! Some of these old lookout towers can be rented by the night I learned last summer. I think that would be fun to do.
    Great photos!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Great shots! Love how the red, white, and blue look against that gorgeous background in the 3rd and 4th shots.
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    I sure do agree with you Mahesh!! She sure is a pretty flag against that backdrop!!

Ron

thapamd wrote:
    Great shots! Love how the red, white, and blue look against that gorgeous background in the 3rd and 4th shots.
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Great shots of the flag, esp. the closeup with mountains as backdrop--gorgeous!!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • HDShooterHDShooter Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    ront wrote:
    Great work here HDShooter!! I really like all of them but #2, 3, 4, and 5 are just spectacular!! Some of these old lookout towers can be rented by the night I learned last summer. I think that would be fun to do.
    Great photos!!

Ron

Thanks Ron, yes, you can volunteer to man them for a week or weekend, but you do have to take a course before they hand you a radio and the key's, I want to check into this, can imagine the sunsets and sunrise's!
    edited July 7, 2009
    thapamd wrote:

Thanks Mahesh, I thought the same thing after I got it on the computer.
    edited July 7, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Great shots of the flag, esp. the closeup with mountains as backdrop--gorgeous!!

Thank you Lauren.